Ever felt torn between doing what is 'right' and what you wish?

poshpearl

TRINITY
Jan 8, 2009
And so, Christmas is coming and I am getting my year end bonus. I saw this Preloved watercolor speedy 35 which is in such a good condition, and the thought of getting a discont LV bag to add to my collection is so tempting!

But alas, there's this voice in the back of my head that tells me, "You are a mum now, you ought to save the money up for your daughter's future enrichment classes or as part of her savings, you have enough bags and should not buy any more bags."

This is so irritating. It's like I will be condemned if I get that bag. Do you feel this way before? What should I do?

If you've even started planning for your DD at her young age, then I think she'll be more than prepared by the time she's ready for college. Plus, in 18 years, I don't think $1500 will make much of a difference in her future.

Taking care of a baby is HARD work and if you really want the WC speedy, I think you should get it, especially if it's the black WC :P

Yes, I feel the same way you do and I have two small kids. As as you can see from my signature, that feeling has not stop me from buying ;) You should get the bag as long as it would not put your family in a bad financial way. GL with your decision..

If you've even started planning for your DD at her young age, then I think she'll be more than prepared by the time she's ready for college. Plus, in 18 years, I don't think $1500 will make much of a difference in her future.

Taking care of a baby is HARD work and if you really want the WC speedy, I think you should get it, especially if it's the black WC :P

Howardu09.. I like the way you think!

Assuming you can afford it without forgoing any immediate necessities for your daughter - get it!!

I went through those same feelings the first few months I had DD, that I should just be saving, saving - any extra money should go towards her, etc... and then I realized I had to keep doing things for myself... I couldn't just focus on her entirely, otherwise I wasn't ever going to "feel" like myself again. If that makes sense. So my vote is get it! I'm loving the watercolor Speedy myself right now too!

Assuming you can afford it without forgoing any immediate necessities for your daughter - get it!!

I went through those same feelings the first few months I had DD, that I should just be saving, saving - any extra money should go towards her, etc... and then I realized I had to keep doing things for myself... I couldn't just focus on her entirely, otherwise I wasn't ever going to "feel" like myself again. If that makes sense. So my vote is get it! I'm loving the watercolor Speedy myself right now too!

DH and I never gets a chance to do what we want anymore. WE are always splurging on things for DD and not on ourselves. The WC speedy which I saw is $2000. I can spend $2000 on DD for any equipment she needs but when it's to be spent on myself, I just feel that it's not 'right' cos its for my own 'want' .

A sidenote: the WC speedy is in white, so that's another factor that is stopping me. Cos I have my MC speedy in white and it has discolored to a faint yellow and I am so afraid that the WC speedy will go through the same fate.
It seems to be so hard to find the WC speedy in black, Howard!

Unfortunately, it is a very subjective thing and what's a right balance to one may not be to another. However, if you are comfortable with your current financial situation, level savings and have in place a solid financial plan for the future, then spending on this LE bag may be ok. I have the white wc speedy in size 30 and it's my absolutely favourite. Really pretty and unique. I won't worry too much about discolouration, don't think it's a reported flaw (unlike the white mc from certain batch).

Oh, just saw the price in your post. I thought 2k for a preloved white wc 35 is kinda expensive, unless condition is like pristine. You may wanna look around a bit more for better deals.

First off.. You're little girl is sooo pretty.. I think we all consider what we could or should be spending our hard earned money on before we buy a purse/bag..
My thought is that if you have an MC speedy already.. maybe wait on this purchase, although it is WC speedy, unless its what you really want to buy. Or...
Buy the bag.. Enjoy it now, and later down the road when your daughter gets older, you can pass the bag on to her.. Or sell it..
Good luck with your decision.

I had the same feelings too. I am mother of two young children. 7 yrs old and 2 yrs old. When the baby is very very young, all their exp are milk, diapers, daycare ($300/week) and some clothings. My husband and I have decent jobs and pay, so I donot feel burden to me. To reward myself from two c-sections and two cute babies, I started to buy LV, Prada, Chanel, Gucci. Then right now, my older daughter is 7 yrs old and she is taking private art class, private piano class, Chinese school on weekend and I also make sure we take her to see broadway shows, ballet shows and others every year and all of them ( as you pointed out: enrichment investment or classes) are expensive, plus my younger one's diaper and daycare and so on. Therefore, I DO limit my budget to $1000 bag budget for a year.l

All I am trying to say is that, as long as you think your financial situation will not go down when your DD is about 6 or 7 years old ( that is when she start to do all of that), you actually should enjoy the finacial freedom right now.

yes, very often!
I find that if I don´t then rush things ( easier said than done ha ha ) the descision is often made for itself. What i´m trying to say is, that you should force yourself to leave time to sleep over it ( a few days ) If you still have butterflys about it then it´s right and you should go for it.If you are not sure, and still aren´t after a time, then it is the wrong choice and you will be pleased you let off. If you are pushed for time to make that descion, then don´t. Chances will come again. For sure! hth