My first and probably last Botkier bag... so disappointed

karenwk

O.G.
Sep 25, 2010
I just received my first Botkier Conor bag from Aster Alice. Here is the image of the bag shown on their website:

http://www.asteralice.com/botkierconorlargeshoulder-gunmetallamskin.aspx

Gorgeous, isn't? It was a good price, so despite never seen the bag in real life, I bought it.

This is what I received...

I'm so speechless... the shape of the bag is all wrong, it is almost like a bucket bag. It is so incredible heavy despite being made of lambskin, about 5 times heavier than my Balenciaga bag, which is also made of lambskin, and just look at the finish on the leather...

I emailed their customer service, they refused to issue an refund because it is final sale. Even if they agree to, shipping from Australia to the US for a such large, heavy bag would be very expensive any way. I'm at lost as to what to do...

Attachments

• DSC05382.JPG
    DSC05382.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC05385.JPG
    DSC05385.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 728
  • DSC05387.JPG
    DSC05387.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:
I don't like it either. I'm sure it'll look better if you stuff it and hang it. I would take a lot of good pics and try to rehome it...

Maybe contact Botkier and see what they say about the finish if you decide to keep it?

the shape looks better in the picture on the website
have you tried putting things in it? or adding a base shaper? like one of the ones they use in LV speedys to keep from saggin
it could make it that more rounded less elongated shape like in the picture

the shape looks better in the picture on the website
have you tried putting things in it? or adding a base shaper? like one of the ones they use in LV speedys to keep from saggin
it could make it that more rounded less elongated shape like in the picture

Sadly, I already tried. The bag is still looking very long/ tall, instead of the oval shape as per the image on the website... I feel like I've been sent the wrong style of bag. Maybe I should email Botkier's customer service to check with them. And I still can't understand why with so little hardware, a lambskin can weight so much!

Wow, that bag doesn't look right. I hope you give Botkier another shot because the bags are wonderful and the quality is usually very good. Hopefully Botkier customer service can be more helpful.

I just received my first Botkier Conor bag from Aster Alice. Here is the image of the bag shown on their website:

http://www.asteralice.com/botkierconorlargeshoulder-gunmetallamskin.aspx

Gorgeous, isn't? It was a good price, so despite never seen the bag in real life, I bought it.

This is what I received...

I'm so speechless... the shape of the bag is all wrong, it is almost like a bucket bag. It is so incredible heavy despite being made of lambskin, about 5 times heavier than my Balenciaga bag, which is also made of lambskin, and just look at the finish on the leather...

I emailed their customer service, they refused to issue an refund because it is final sale. Even if they agree to, shipping from Australia to the US for a such large, heavy bag would be very expensive any way. I'm at lost as to what to do...

It almost looks as though you were sent a Conor Crossbody instead of the Conor Large Shoulder bag.

Hmm...well, unfortunately, Botkier's c. s. is not the best ever. However, I would call or e-mail and ask about the bag. Maybe they'll exchange it for you?

Oh no! I ordered the very same bag based on the shape/slouch and it's due to arrive at the office tomorrow. I am NOT liking it. The pic of the Conor large shoulder looks *completely* different on the Botkier website as well:

http://www.botkier.com/handbags/conor-large-shoulder

I would never have bought it if the pictures really accurately reflected that bag.

It's not even here yet and I'm disappointed. Arg.

Good luck with your efforts to return. Please keep us updated.

Oh no! I ordered the very same bag based on the shape/slouch and it's due to arrive at the office tomorrow. I am NOT liking it. The pic of the Conor large shoulder looks *completely* different on the Botkier website as well:

http://www.botkier.com/handbags/conor-large-shoulder

I would never have bought it if the pictures really accurately reflected that bag.

It's not even here yet and I'm disappointed. Arg.

Good luck with your efforts to return. Please keep us updated.

Ouch... I hope yours turn out better than mine... Would you be able to post photos of yours once it arrives? I really like to know whether my bag is defective, or I was sent the wrong style to begin with. May I ask where you purchased yours from?

I'm sorry you didn't receive what you were expecting. The pictures do look better than what you received. I think the bag has more sag in it, which you can't see when it is sitting on something. I hope someone makes it right for you. The pics are misleading. Good luck!

I agree with you Karenwk. I was interested in this Botkier too. :confused1:

See Bergdorf's site. They have one and the shape looks more like the one you received.

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/stor...842946&010=V0KM9&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=V0KM9

AA's website picture is misleading at best.

Also at Endless:
http://www.endless.com/dp/B003F24XA...e=395033&linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B003F24XAS

Thank you for showing me those other pictures... you are indeed right, these ones are more like the bag I received. But the thing that really annoys me is AA actually used Botkier's image, and it is so misleading... I also had a look at the leather finish of the bag shown on Botkier's site, it is indeed like what I received, as the top metallic coat is done by hand. It is meant to have a rough, uneven finish... Looks like the only thing I can do now is selling it off on ebay or something...

I like Botkier's designs, but I always stay away from their metallic leathers. I'm not sure if it's something personal, but I find their metallic leathers inferior in quality as compared to other brands within the same price range. The only metallic leather that has not disappointed me is the new metallic mermaid leather, this one looks great so far.

Ouch... I hope yours turn out better than mine... Would you be able to post photos of yours once it arrives? I really like to know whether my bag is defective, or I was sent the wrong style to begin with. May I ask where you purchased yours from?

I too bought mine from AA. And I even crosschecked the bag at various sites (Botkier, etc) before purchasing to be sure I had 'viewed' it as much as humanly possible before hitting that complete purchase button.

I'm so miffed. This is supposed to be a rounded hobo, which looks wider at the bottom, not a tall....odd bag as it seems to be. I wish I would have gone with the satchel.

Mine is currently out for delivery. I'll take some cell pics after it arrives and share what it looks like.

Last edited: