I'm seriously about to cry...

macbarbie

Nov 16, 2010
I saved up for my first Louis Vuitton bag a mono speedy 30. I went to the nearest Louis Vuitton store near me and was told that it was sold out nationwide and online. I wanted to put my debit card on a waiting list and was told I couldn't without a photo id. I've been waiting for my state id to come in the mail for almost 2 months now, so I can't place a bag on hold. I was devastated and realized I probably had to wait another few months. I tried to put my card and hold but pay in cash since I don't have a photo id, but they wouldn't do that either. I have been stalking the website and 1 hr ago I saw that the exact bag I wanted was in stock online! I swear I have been waiting for MONTHS for this and I was over joyed! I clicked purchase now and I got a confirmation order. Then I went back to check my email 30 mins later and I got a email saying "I'm sorry there was an issue with your order and we were unable to process". I called the LV hotline and the person that helped me said that the order managers aren't in right now and will have to call me tomorow. My 17th birthday is in a month and I have been wanting this so badly thinking about it day and night. Has this ever happened to anyone?? I'm so sad an confused!!

Back in 2005, I was on the waiting list for the Manhattan PM bag (I think that's the name of it) when it was first coming out. I didn't hear anything for 3 months, called them and was told that they "lost" my name and info. They said to make it up to me, that they would put one on hold for me at my local LV store. I went to pick it up and pay for it. To this day, no one knows what happened to my name on that list. I was #13 for my part of the world. Oh well. I got it at least and it was my first LV and entry into the designer bag world. Sometimes I wish I hadn't gotten it and been satisfied with my Coach bags... think of all the money I would have saved! Especially since I've recently gotten into Hermes bags!! Yikes! LOL.

Sorry to be long-winded. My point is that mysterious mistakes happen that no one knows anything about. I think the mono speedy 30 is one of their staple bags. They'll get more in stock and you will get yours soon, I'm sure of it! And in the mean time, while you are waiting, maybe you can treat yourself to a small leather good like a key chain, purse charm, or wallet?

Good luck and Happy Early Birthday! :yahoo:

I ordered an LV from eluxury.com about 4 years ago and my order was flagged too. I just called them I think and verified my info and they sent it right out. Don't worry, you'll get your bag!

This happens usually when the bag you just ordered is actually out of stock. This seems to be happening lately due to the worldwide LV shortage. The bags that are usually out of stock too are the Speedys and NFs.

Thanks everyone. I just talked to the manager and she said that the order didn't go through because I'm 16. For some reason I can buy a bag in store but not online or through a phone order because I'm not 18.

Everyone is experiencing this worldwide shortage. You just have to be patient.
Louis Vuitton is trying hard to keep up with the demands but they need quality control too.
Just keep your eye out, it's not the end of the world. Good luck!

Awww hun, i hate it when things like that happen. It feels like the world is against what your heart so desires. But don't worry, i am of the mind that everything happens for a reason and that the longer you wait for the fruit then the sweeter the juices :biggrin:

I'm sorry that you have to wait for your dream bag :sad:
But u know, im sure they'll have stock soon, it's almost christmas and i think they must be smart not to lose so many sales due to stock shortage.