GUERLAIN *post purchases with pics* & chat too :)

I really want to get into this brand, I love the design of the Rouge G case, among other things. I also want to try their newest foundation but I don't have a counter near me and don't know what shade to choose online.

I had the same problem, but took a chance and ordered at Sephora. (they have a great return policy) I did google searches for swatches and compared them to my Dior and MAC foundations that I swatched on my arm. That narrowed it down to 2.

Then I read reviews at MUA and one of my choices sounded like it was for warmer tones. So I choose the other and got it today! It looks like a great match, but I haven't gone out in the sun yet. Hope this helps you :biggrin:

Love the packaging, so elegant!

Am I the only one that's unhappy with the design of the Rouge G cases? I mean, they look great when just sitting there, but I find that when I put one in my purse I'm afraid that the cover will pull off the case. It's like the magnet holding the two pieces together isn't strong enough... I love the colors and the texture of the product though.

I've never had one of these, but it seems too complicated. I like to be able to do "quick" touchups.

I've never had a problem with the Rouge G cases coming apart in my bag, but I'd never toss a lipstick of any brand in my purse loose. They go in makeup bags. And I've never had an issue with the Rouge G being complicated or coming apart at unexpected times.

I ordered Guerlain Terracotta kohl in brown and black from the VIB sale, and it arrives today! Whoohoo!

I've never had a problem with the Rouge G cases coming apart in my bag, but I'd never toss a lipstick of any brand in my purse loose. They go in makeup bags. And I've never had an issue with the Rouge G being complicated or coming apart at unexpected times.

I ordered Guerlain Terracotta kohl in brown and black from the VIB sale, and it arrives today! Whoohoo!

Exactly! post pics of your kohl when you get it!! You will love it, I love mine. It takes a time or two to get the hang of it, but once you do, it takes your eye makeup to a whole other level :graucho:

EDIT: what's the VIB sale? sounds interesting..

I had the same problem, but took a chance and ordered at Sephora. (they have a great return policy) I did google searches for swatches and compared them to my Dior and MAC foundations that I swatched on my arm. That narrowed it down to 2.

Then I read reviews at MUA and one of my choices sounded like it was for warmer tones. So I choose the other and got it today! It looks like a great match, but I haven't gone out in the sun yet. Hope this helps you :biggrin:

Show Us what you got!!

Oooh I was wondering if anyone else got one of the 6-couleur palettes!

So I did return the holiday palette, oh well, but I did get 93, Rue de Passy! It's feels so soft! I really was after one of these palettes but just didn't want to spend the bucks. I'm happy I did! The colors are neutral but my photo does wash them out a bit. The center pink color is a gorgeous highlighter!

I also got a pretty little satin pouch (it's purple, not blue in the photo) with great Orchidee samples and a sample of Shalimar!

Gorgeous Girlgirl!! I love the colours. I wonder if any of us are brave enough so show our faces wearing our guerlain...

Teint beige would be good, it would help to done down redness. I have and love it.

^^ I agree. That's the one that I have and it's perfect. It's like the little balls have minds of their own and know what to do and go straight to work when you brush them on! lol
Thanks, and would this be over top of what ever I use or is this a foundation/powder?

yes, I don't use foundation, just concealer where I need it. That being said, sometimes I will use a compact powder over my concealer all over, when I feel my skin is looking particularly dumpy that day lol. So, yes, you can use it as a light translucent powder OR over your foundation powder. Hope this helps! They are miracle balls...lol

Exactly! post pics of your kohl when you get it!! You will love it, I love mine. It takes a time or two to get the hang of it, but once you do, it takes your eye makeup to a whole other level :graucho:

EDIT: what's the VIB sale? sounds interesting..

and now I'm even more excited to get it! I have a feeling I may end up covered in the stuff before bedtime, lol.

Sephora's VIB 20% off sale was from 11/11-11/15. That's what I was referring to.

Where did you happen to find swatches, I can't find any! I've done some reading on another site and all the reviews are by people who are NC in MAC, doesn't help me as I'm NW.

Guerlain Giovanna Rouge G Lipstick - Fall 2009 (Limited Edition)

My first Guerlain product! Ignore the reflection of my boyfriend's hand on the case :smile:

dafda.jpg

This is so pretty! Is there any way you can do a swatch of it?

Omg! I am totally in love with the guerlain kohl. It's super easy to use, looks amazing, didn't bother my eyes, and I had zero fallout. I watched a few youtubes on how to use it, and it was super simple. I didn't expect it to be so easy or look so incredible!

Plus, the packaging is so pretty, as I expected it would be. I'm a fiend for pretty packaging. I know it doesn't make a difference as to what's inside, but I just like to look at the pretty containers.

I need to post pics of my collection. I do love Chanel and Dior, but the Guerlain packaing is amazing and I love the seasonal quads. I did purchase the fall palettes. They are gorgeous, but the formula is very hard and the shadows are sheer.
I have been to many Guerlain trainings as well, if anyone needs any info.

I need to post pics of my collection. I do love Chanel and Dior, but the Guerlain packaing is amazing and I love the seasonal quads. I did purchase the fall palettes. They are gorgeous, but the formula is very hard and the shadows are sheer.
I have been to many Guerlain trainings as well, if anyone needs any info.

Wow! I need some time to make a list of questions. But in the meantime do tell.