Please be honest. Am I Gross with my makeup?

GorditaCat

Nov 16, 2010
I've only recently started wearing makeup and I could really used some guidance.

Everything I've learned about makeup I've learned on my own and I think maybe I have some bad / dirty habits.

Yesterday I when I was at the airport my makeup brushes fell out of my carry on and landed near the toilet.
I put them in my bag and planned to wash them later. ( I use baby shampoo and conditioner to clean them.)
I haven't used them or washed them yet.

The woman in the stall next to me grabbed one of my brushes and asked me if I was going to throw it away. When I said no she looked grossed out and said " hope you don't get pinkeye!"

Do I need to throw them away? I know airports are dirty, let alone the toilets there but I thought maybe I could just use really hot water.

So that got me thinking about an urban decay naked pallete I bought when In downtown disney, I was soo excited because its so hard to find! And when I got back tot the hotel there was a few fingerprints in the colors. Am I gross if I want to keep it anyway? Maybe I could scratch off some of the top and use it?

I don't know how to tell if I'm being germaphobic or too relaxed about it? Please be honest.
(I just really want to keep the urban decay!)

With the palette I would swipe with alcohol and pray for the best. I, myself probably wouldn't return it unless it was dug in or obviously used but I would also call the store to let them know that they need better quality control.

A specified brush cleaner like MAC brush cleaner or Essence of Beauty brush cleaner will disinfect your brushes. Make sure you clean the handles too.

I wouldn't throw away all my brushes if there was something I could do about it. It's not like it fell in a pile of poo or something.

Aww thank you! I feel so much better now! I just sprung for the teddy bear hair brushes and I was bumbed @ the idea of tossing them.
The eyeshadow isn't dug in it just has obvious fingerprints in a few of the colors.
So should I just put Some alcohol on the eyeshadows or did you mean the brushes?
I will def. Check out the cleaners!:smile:

Aww thank you! I feel so much better now! I just sprung for the teddy bear hair brushes and I was bumbed @ the idea of tossing them.
The eyeshadow isn't dug in it just has obvious fingerprints in a few of the colors.
So should I just put Some alcohol on the eyeshadows or did you mean the brushes?
I will def. Check out the cleaners!:smile:

Sorry, I meant alcohol on the eye shadows.. just a swipe.

I doubt if the primer or pencil was used. You can easily clean a eyeliner pencil by just sharpening and if the primer was used, well it's contaminated. Really, it's just what you feel comfortable with in regards to using or not using.

Ugh, why did that woman grab your property first of all (or was she trying tp be nice and help you clean up)??? Anyways, everything people said here is great. There is no reason you need to throw all your stuff away when it can all easily be sanitized. Where in Downtown Disney did you find the Naked palette?

For me (and I have compulsion towards germs), I would not be able to use the brushes again. No matter how many times I washed them, they would never be clean again.
Plus I'd use it as a reason to upgrade my brushes!

Ugh, why did that woman grab your property first of all (or was she trying tp be nice and help you clean up)??? Anyways, everything people said here is great. There is no reason you need to throw all your stuff away when it can all easily be sanitized. Where in Downtown Disney did you find the Naked palette?
If she was such a germaphobe, you would think she'd refrain from picking up someone else's brushes that fell on a bathroom floor. Who knows? Maybe she was hoping the OP would toss them right there and then and she could rescue them and take them home. People are weird like that.
I think they'll be find if they're thoroughly cleaned. As for the palette, I am the type of person who would be mad about being sold a product that someone handled, but the shadows can be sanitized if the fingerprint issue doesn't bother you. I probably wouldn't use the primer just in case someone played with it. That's the only item that cannot be cleaned.

If she was such a germaphobe, you would think she'd refrain from picking up someone else's brushes that fell on a bathroom floor. Who knows? Maybe she was hoping the OP would toss them right there and then and she could rescue them and take them home. People are weird like that.

TRUE! I didn't even think about that!

I think they'll be find if they're thoroughly cleaned. As for the palette, I am the type of person who would be mad about being sold a product that someone handled, but the shadows can be sanitized if the fingerprint issue doesn't bother you. I probably wouldn't use the primer just in case someone played with it. That's the only item that cannot be cleaned.

That was my first thoughts too!