Smelly bag!

Dec 7, 2006
I just received a Papillon 26 from a mypoupette seller but it smells like moth balls inside! How do I get rid of the smell? The odor is very strong and I don't want to use it out of fear that my wallet, etc. will pick up the smell.

I appreciate any suggestions!

i have heard that they use moth balls in Hong Kong b/c it is so humid there. I would dry using a dryer sheet, stick it inside and see if that helps! otherwise, stick it outside and let it air out for awhile....it's quite common, so I have read.

mmm leave the bag in your garden or outside if you can, otherwise put some coffe beans inside the bag, some other good thing is to clean the interior with baby wipes soaked with your perfume (if the inside is canvas) and leave them inside until they dry

I got my Musette from a seller in HK. Big time mothball smell. Inside the Musette I put 2 Bounce sheets inside a ziploc bag for a week or so with the ziploc bag open to let out the smell. It worked like a charm.

Materials I've heard take the smell out when put inside:
-dryer sheets
-perfume on a hankie
-newspaper
-coal (yes, coal- I know there's a way to do this without damaging the bag, I just don't know what lol)