prettychic

toute suite
O.G.
Oct 5, 2010
If you had a choice between Bleu de Malte, Rubis or Iris in a 30 or 35 Birkin,
which would you purchase and why.....:graucho:

I can't decide because I love all three and can only pick "one" LOL
icon12.gif

Baileylab, thanks, that's my #1 choice, but I am trying to see how many feel that way, I may have to take the other two if they show up first and I am in a real quandary now..wondering what my SA will offer me....I keep saying the other colors have other advantages, (which I want to have confirmed) however I am so a blue person

I would go for the Rubis 30 on this one (gold hw too). The Iris is a bit much for me. The color is bold and I would have trouble with that one in my wardrobe as pretty as it is. As for the blue, I always have issues with blue bags. There never seems to be the right shade of blue to work overall.

The Rubis really works with so many colors. If you had the bag in person and could put it up next to countless colors they really all look lovely with it. I never would have believed until I saw for myself.

The main issue here is you have to really like the color to buy it. I do like Rubis, so it is a no brainer. My preference would be a 30.

If you are going to do just one then get the color that works best with your clothes and style and the size that you are most comfortable wearing. This is too big a purchase to settle for less than what you really want. Dont talk yourself into something that is not right for you~

I would go for the Rubis 30 on this one (gold hw too). The Iris is a bit much for me. The color is bold and I would have trouble with that one in my wardrobe as pretty as it is. As for the blue, I always have issues with blue bags. There never seems to be the right shade of blue to work overall.

The Rubis really works with so many colors. If you had the bag in person and could put it up next to countless colors they really all look lovely with it. I never would have believed until I saw for myself.

The main issue here is you have to really like the color to buy it. I do like Rubis, so it is a no brainer. My preference would be a 30.

Thanks, kellybag !I saw it in Rubis in the kelly 32 and I fell in love with the color even though I do not ever want a "red" bag, it went with everything like you said and it was not loud but rather rose - ish (hence my dilemna..)It was a neutral shade and I now know that someone else agrees....very validating because I am slightly colorblind (rd/green)
icon14.gif

If you are going to do just one then get the color that works best with your clothes and style and the size that you are most comfortable wearing. This is too big a purchase to settle for less than what you really want. Dont talk yourself into something that is not right for you~

TankerToad, your common sense will prevail and I appreciate your practicality, it's just that I really want one of them now before any price increase or they rest these colors (they are all gorgeous IMO and that's why I told myself and SA that I wanted those colors), BUT I am open to advice and pros and cons, however, I still wouldn't turn away any of them. Normally I never get a bag in anything with a color, only black, grey, brown, or white and color is a big step...:graucho:

Ever since I laid my eyes on a Iris Lindy and Iris B, I'm more impressed of Iris in a Lindy. Iris is a bold color if you're a safe person and in the form of B, it's even more bolder. Iris in lindy looks like a puddle of purple ink.:heart:

Bleu de Malte on the other hand stands out in the form of a 30B. Rubis is almost neutral color to almost anything but I like it in the form of Kelly Sellier. Both Rubis and Iris do stand out in the form of a Birkin.

You're a Blue Person and personally, among all, I'd pick Bleu de Malte 30B. It's a unique blue color which compliments with PHW for a modern, crisp look.

Ever since I laid my eyes on a Iris Lindy and Iris B, I'm more impressed of Iris in a Lindy. Iris is a bold color if you're a safe person and in the form of B, it's even more bolder. Iris in lindy looks like a puddle of purple ink.:heart:

Bleu de Malte on the other hand stands out in the form of a 30B. Rubis is almost neutral color to almost anything but I like it in the form of Kelly Sellier. Both Rubis and Iris do stand out in the form of a Birkin.

You're a Blue Person and personally, among all, I'd pick Bleu de Malte 30B. It's a unique blue color which compliments with PHW for a modern, crisp look.

Iffah,
WELL STATED, a puddle of purple ink..my fear as I haven't yet seen any Birkin in Iris yet

Blue for me is probably #1 choice

Rubis will be nice #2 pick, especially now I know it is a neutral
I can't even think of hardware because I doubt I'll have any choice, I love ghw the best with all colors and phw will definitely rock with bleu de malte (I've seen it in a pochette) and it did look modern and chic
icon14.gif