My bag isn't here yet and already thinking of exchanging it I need advice.

StupidLamb

May 21, 2010
So I used my PCE to get the teal dotted op are sophia. That color is just tdf! But now I am thinking maybe I should have gotten the kristin hobo in blue smoke instead. The smaller size one. I have always loved that bag and I do prefer leather but on the downside it has gold hardware which I do like sometimes depending on the bag but I don't love the gold too much on that blue smoke color. I like that the you can wear the kristin cross body too though so that's another point for kristin.

Maybe I should just wait until I see my teal sophia in person? I have seen the other colors in person but not the teal and I liked them a lot.

I'm just not sure what to do. The kristin is definitely a more timeless style right?

That would be a very difficult decision for me as I love both styles and think that they're both timeless! I just love the way the Kristin wears on my shoulder, but I love the teal color of the Sophia a little better and think the shape is classy, but then I always prefer leather so......I'm of absolutely no help.

I definitely think you should wait to see the Sophia in person though.

That would be a very difficult decision for me as I love both styles and think that they're both timeless! I just love the way the Kristin wears on my shoulder, but I love the teal color of the Sophia a little better and think the shape is classy, but then I always prefer leather so......I'm of absolutely no help.

I definitely think you should wait to see the Sophia in person though.

The sophia will be here in a couple days. The waiting is killing me!! lol I did think about that too how it feels on my shoulder. I have not tried the sophia on or the kristin for that matter. I should have tried one on when I was at nordstroms yesterday. I didn't think to do it. I agree the color of the sophia is preferable to the blue smoke color it's so much deeper of a teal.

Yeah, I vote Sophia also. I have a feeling I will be getting a Kristin (pleated or small satchel) for Christmas...and I really do not like that blue color.

I have the teal wallet, and wow...it is gorgeous! If I had it my way, I would get that Sophia and the crimson dotted!

So yeah, I say Sophia!

I bought and returned the blue smoke Kristin satchel, though I liked the color, like you, something about the gold hardware bothered me. Only basing this on the small number of reveals of this bag here, I suspect a lot of this color will be showing up at the outlets very soon....possibly around black friday. So I would not buy the Kristin now.

I bought and returned the blue smoke Kristin satchel, though I liked the color, like you, something about the gold hardware bothered me. Only basing this on the small number of reveals of this bag here, I suspect a lot of this color will be showing up at the outlets very soon....possibly around black friday. So I would not buy the Kristin now.

Ya, that gold hardware is killing me. I just don't like gold on that shade of blue. I love gold hardware on deeper blue shades but not this one and in general I am a silver hardware girl. All my jewelry is silver, white gold, platinum (wedding rings) so I never feel like I match completely when I have a gold hardware bag. I have some gold Coach and I have some gold jewelry pieces I throw on when I use them. Maybe I am just to anal about mixing metal colors? Probably! lol

Maybe I will get a leather sophia like nite foxx suggested! There's an idea. The crimson patent sophia is so tempting but I am worried about finger prints and again with the gold hardware.

The zebra sophia is pretty tempting but I have been trying to add color into my life since all I wear a lot of black. But I have been better about that lately. I love that zebra bag but was worried it's more trendy? Animal print seems to come around every year though.

Last edited:
^^^
Yes I think Coach designers missed the boat on this one. This color would have been so much prettier with silver hardware or even a more subdued gold. The yellow gold on this seems to give it a more greenish tinge than it should . I still like the bag and would probably pick it up at the outlet price. But did not love it as I would with silver hardware.

^^^
Yes I think Coach designers missed the boat on this one. This color would have been so much prettier with silver hardware or even a more subdued gold. The yellow gold on this seems to give it a more greenish tinge than it should . I still like the bag and would probably pick it up at the outlet price. But did not love it as I would with silver hardware.

Totally agree. I like it but if the hardware was silver I would have been sold. Ok, I am definitely thinking that if I exchange it's going to be for either the zebra sophia or maybe the ocean maggie because it's a teal color and I was after teal or black.

Were those maggies at the outlet yet? I saw Midnight there.

I recently purchased a Kristin satchel and although I like it very much, I do not like using it as much as my Sophia's. To me the Sophia is so easy to find things in where as the Kristin feels more like a hobo (everything goes to the bottom). They are both lovely bags, but I would wait to see if you like the Sophia.