DiCaprio = The Next De Niro??

Martin Scorsese has stated that there were no actor, before DiCaprio, who has managed to equal De Niro's energy.

"He reminds me of that excitement when De Niro and I stumbled upon a way of working together - a similar kind of energy to the actors in the 1970s. It's very rare for me to find that kind of connection again. "

"Leo will give me the emotion where I least expect it and could only hope for it about three or four scenes. And he can do it take after take."

I dunno for sure, but I think it's overrated...... Leo hasn't reach De Niro's level yet...

===========================================================================

source: CelebrityWonder.com - The Latest Updates

I think Leo is one of the more talented actors in Hollywood.

Even when he was younger and did movies like The Basketball Diaries and Romeo & Juliet, etc. there was no question that his career was only going to get bigger.

I think Leo is one of the more talented actors in Hollywood.

Even when he was younger and did movies like The Basketball Diaries and Romeo & Juliet, etc. there was no question that his career was only going to get bigger.
I second that!!!I love him more now that he looks older and more
mature!:heart::nuts::heart:

One of his very first movies was with Robert DeNiro.

It was called This Boy's Life, the story about the relationship between a rebellious 50s teenager and his abusive father, based on the memoirs of writer and literature professor Tobias Wolff.

(Eliza Dushku was in this movie too.)

I like how he chooses his movies carefully and I love how he's not doing Teen Movies anymore.

To be fair, only two of them were Teen Movies: William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet and Titanic.

But I'm glad I can enjoy the movie without a bunch of teenage idiots going "That is, like, so SAD!"

I enjoyed The Basketball Diaries. I enjoyed The Beach. I enjoyed What's Eating Gilbert Grape?. I enjoyed Total Eclipse.
My dad and I enjoyed The Aviator.

I feel like leo is just getting over his reputation for being one of those teen heart throbs since titanic was just so huge that for a while whenever anyone thought of leo that's the first and only thing they think of.....but increasingly now, whenever my SO and I know of a movie and we hear leo is in it, both of us are like, ooo it must be good........funny, because i know for the longest time, it was so taboo for any guys to admit they liked leo due to his reputation...

p.s. LOVED departed!!

One of his very first movies was with Robert DeNiro.

It was called This Boy's Life, the story about the relationship between a rebellious 50s teenager and his abusive father, based on the memoirs of writer and literature professor Tobias Wolff.

(Eliza Dushku was in this movie too.)
Oh, I love that movie! Elen Barkin is in it too.

He is an amzing actor, I'll give him that. Only time will tell if he can live up to DeNiro's legend. Keeping in mind that DeNiro has made some pretty crappy movies lately.