Geo-Caching

ItsMeSilly

Apr 9, 2009
Geocaching?

It's like a treasure hunt, and you use a GPS system. I just read the article in June's
Woman's day. Here is the link.....
http://www.geocaching.com/
I tried to find my first one tonight...the clue was 'Watch out for falling trees'...so I
drove to the general area according to the map, and it was a bar called 'Timbers'....lol,
but I don't have a GPS and couldn't find whatever was hidden there.
Has anyone done this? Really seems like fun.

I've never heard of it but it sounds like so much fun! I love the thrill of solving clues (especially when they have a double meaning like your "Timbers" example). We used to do a huge treasure hunt at the end of high school and I have great memories from that day... sounds like treasure hunts have moved along with technology LOL - no more bits of paper or posters stuck to telephone poles.

Go geocaching!

I've always had an interest in this but never really looked into it. My GPS is in my car and although it shows coordinates, I don't know if I can search by coordinates.
I did always wonder what it is like though. Supposedly people leave little "prizes" and you are supposed to leave something when you find one but that's all I know.

I guess I will have to go buy a GPS. I tried again at another location, but I couldn't find
it....I went late last night in my pj's. Took my dog as cover...lol!

I think I'm addicted already!

Has anyone tried this? It is like, treasure hunts.

It is so fun! My friend just told me about it today and we went to find one near where we live and found it! It was really, really fun.

Here's the website if you want more information on what it is and where to find the boxes. It is a worldwide game kind of thing. I reccommend trying it, as it is pretty fun!

http://www.geocaching.com/

I love geo-caching! It's amazing to see how many people do it and how many things are hidden close to home. I found a cache about 500m from my home. :nuts:

I've heard people talk about it before, but at $3.00/gallon or so, I'm not driving around for games.

You'd probably never touch your car again here in Germany. I'd be so happy with 3$/Gallon. We currently are paying 1.40€/Liter which converts to 7.20$/Gallon.... :Push:

My hubby is doing that. We live next to a national park and when we take the dog out for a walk, he always makes sure he has his GPS with him so we could go geo-caching. I can't say I love it but it's fun :smile:

I usually do it when I'm already out. We'll be out for dinner and I'll look one up. I have an app on my phone that uses GPS and finds the closest caches based on your location.

My dad was obsessed with these all last year/this summer after he got his GPS for Christmas. I've never gone, but my mom and sister have gone with him before. I was surprised by how many he found right in our own neighborhood!