Help - SNAD Claim Decided Against Me - False Representations in Questions and Answers

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
I recently purchased a vintage Chanel bag on ebay. The listing stated that the bag was leather. It arrived and is made of satin with a leather interior. The exterior is not leather as represented. I filed a claim and ebay decided in the seller's favor.

I called to appeal and ebay told me I have no recourse because they cannot "see" the information in the listing that states the bag is leather. This information is contained in the questions and answers about the item that the seller posted with the listing. Apparently, ebay considers this information irrelevant for purposes of a claim. In other words, a seller can make whatever misrepresentations they want in the questions and answers and I apparently have no recourse because ebay claims it cannot "see" this information even though this information appears on the page with the listing right below the item description.

I am baffled and ourtraged. I cannot keep a fabric bag with small children and would not have bid had I known it was fabric.

Has anyone had any experience with this "policy"? How did you succeed in getting around it to have a successful appeal?

Thank you!

Jennifer

That sucks. I would think that ebay would look at the questions and answers also! Did you pay with your CC through PayPal? Can you do a chargeback? I've never done one so don't know how it works. Good luck!

I filed an ebay claim using my Paypal account. It was a direct debit from my bank account through Paypal. I will see if there is a way to reverse the charge through the bank. Thanks for the tips!

It was not my question because it was already posted so I had no need to ask the question.

I think anyone bidding on ebay should be aware of this "policy" and exercise extreme caution if the listing contains incomplete information. Apparently there is no recourse through ebay unless the info appears in the actual listing.

Jennifer

That is why people are always advised to use their CC's with PP (in case they have to do a CC chargeback). At this point I don't think you have a case, but sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease - maybe your bank will help you get a refund.;) If all else fails, you can list and sell it on ebay yourself? Sorry this happened to you.

Crazy turn of events. I called again, spoke to a different ebay rep and somehow he was able to "see" the representation that the bag was leather. The appeal was decided in my favor. What a frustrating experience!

Jennifer

Crazy turn of events. I called again, spoke to a different ebay rep and somehow he was able to "see" the representation that the bag was leather. The appeal was decided in my favor. What a frustrating experience!

Jennifer

Glad to hear it, that's how it should have been decided in the first place!

Linda

Yay! So glad you were finally able to find someone with some common sense who could help. Ebay reps are so hit-or-miss. Some of them make it their job to just be red tape. It's difficult to find one who will actually use their brain power and position to truly look at something and help you.

Jennifer

I wonder why the first ebay rep couldn't "see" it. It wasn't your question and you could "see" it. Good that you persisted, that didn't make any sense.

I wonder why the first ebay rep couldn't "see" it. It wasn't your question and you could "see" it. Good that you persisted, that didn't make any sense.

because we don't like in a world filled with nothing but smart people or even people with common sense. I talked to an idiot ebay representative before and not only did she not make sense, but she kept calling me honey and crap like that.

I was going to advise you call eBay again kuz the info becomes part of the listing and the can see it. I'm glad it worked out. I'm a firm believer in talking to different agents when something doesn't make sense.

Jennifer

That's very good news. I'm glad eBay was able to rectify this for you Jennifer.