Olive/Brass Dylan Reveal - I'm in a quandary!

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
So last week during the Amazon sale I was browsing Linea Pelle and up came an olive Dylan with brass hardware. I've been hunting for one of these so far with no luck! But I know I've searched LP before and that olive/brass combo was not there, being from last year. So I figured it was probably a fluke, they entered it incorrectly into inventory or it was some beat up one that someone returned. But the temptation to know was killing me so I thought what the heck, and ordered it, knowing I can easily return it.

So I ordered it, with the expectation that I'd likely pull out this years with the gunmetal hardware and immediately return it. Meanwhile I purchased the beautiful blue LP off Ebay..ummm as well as a RM Stonewashed Blue Nikki and somehow a burgundy zip MAC leapt into my cart as well. *cough* :shame::sweatdrop:

So it just came today and I pulled it out and it's this gorgeous olive/brass combo dylan that has never once been used, in perfect condition and sooooo smooshy!! Smooshiest I've felt yet! So now I'm having a hard time making myself return it, which I should do because I've purchased several other bags. Someone is going to have to get voted off the island, surely I can't keep them all?

If I do return it and someone else is interested I'll give you a heads up so you can check the Amazon link for when it's back in stock, but meanwhile..

I think it's actually somewhat smaller than the chianti, the color is a little washed out in this pic..

sidebyside1.jpg

Without flash but it's gloomy outside so the lighting is not good but this is closer to the actual shade -

olive.jpg

Stock pic, pretty accurate -

dylangreen.jpg

What would you do in this situation?

Linda

That's a tough one. If you love this olive bag, then I wouldn't return it because you are not likely to find it again. But, if it isn't love, I would return it.

Do you already own a Nikki or a MAC? Did you get the MAC & Nikki from ebay or somewhere you can return it? I don't know what kind of help I will be. I own a concorde dylan, black MAC and I am lusting after a Nikki. Seems like we have similar taste. :amuse:

That's a tough one. If you love this olive bag, then I wouldn't return it because you are not likely to find it again. But, if it isn't love, I would return it.

Do you already own a Nikki or a MAC? Did you get the MAC & Nikki from ebay or somewhere you can return it? I don't know what kind of help I will be. I own a concorde dylan, black MAC and I am lusting after a Nikki. Seems like we have similar taste. :amuse:

I got the MAC and Nikki off Ebay and will definitely be keeping those. I only mention them because I've purchased so many bags lately!

I've never owned a Nikki but have lusted after the stonewashed blue for years. When I finally got it and tried it on I could see why so many people love this bag. It's actually smaller than I was expecting and fits comfortably on the shoulder. The MAC fits a need for when I want to carry a smaller bag and the bungundy color appears to be so gorgeous, I'm sure I'll love it in person.

I absolutely love the olive Dylan, I just don't know that I can keep everything, you know? :girlsigh:

Linda

Someone's been bad! :graucho:

And it's absolutely gorgeous! Very pretty. I love the Olive with Brass. I've been looking for this combo too but in the Dylan Zip tote. I saw this bag on Amazon and was so tempted to get it but didn't in hopes of finding one in the zip tote later. This is such a rare find. I agree with sandc in definitely keeping it if you love it. If I were in your shoes, I would keep the Olive and see if I can return one of the RM's instead when they arrive.

I absolutely love the olive Dylan, I just don't know that I can keep everything, you know?

I know how that goes. Honestly, I really love my concorde dylan tote, but I wouldn't get another in a different color. I guess it is the type of bag I'm not sure I would need two of. But that's just my own personal preference. I would own 2 Nikkis or MAMs though. You have to go by what you love.

I wish LP would do more colors and more dylan styles. That would allow us to have different colors with similar styles. Like bringing back the speedy. A speedy in iron would have me running to the computer with my credit card. :P

I absolutely love this olive and brass Dylan! It looks like a wonderful everyday bag that will go with everything and carry well through spring. I agree that you need the burgandy MAC (I just unpacked my new wine MAC from ebay and its perfect for the holidays.) I'd keep your burgandy MAC and return the chianti Dylan. I know, crazy, but I prefer the olive Dylan.

On second thought, definitely and immediately return the olive Dylan. Be sure to let me know when you do :graucho:

You've put together a lovely bag collection!

I love both those bags! I am the wrong one to ask b/c I have more than one of the same bag. I think you can hide them away and when you are jonesin for a new bag, go shopping in your own closet. :smile:

LindaP - I saw the listing for this Dylan on Amazon...I really hate to order something from them when they only have a few left because they are almost always returns that have "issues". I'm glad that this was an exception.

I am having a similar problem but with my RMs. During Amazon's last sale I purchased a MAB and Rikki in Rich Brown, MAM and Nikki in Coco, and a Nikki in Distressed Black. The Nikkis are definitely keepers. I returned the MAB (will wait for a better color), will probably keep the Rikki (I love this style and they make so few colors), but am on the fence about the MAM. I am obsessed with RM's Coco and I know that if I return it, I will probably never get another chance at it in this perfect condition. Decisions decisions. :thinking:

sandc, that's a good point about having two bags in the same style, I've never done this before. I don't think I'd have two Nikki's though, even though it's a wonderful bag and I'm thrilled it's part of my collection, I prefer to have exterior pockets. I know what you mean about having different Dylan styles, I think they do a few each season, maybe they'll bring the speedy back. I'd love to have the Dylan shoulder bag but I haven't been able to get one in the perfect color for me yet. I regret missing out on the teak.

Carmelita, the chianti is past the return point, I don't think I can let that one go! I want them ALL! lol :nuts: I will certainly let you know if I return the olive Dylan, though I did get it on sale and you'd probably want to wait for another one, at least you can bookmark the link and watch for it.

o_luxurious - the olive zip tote was on Ebay not long ago, such a gorgeous bag! I'm afraid these might be too heavy for me or I'd definitely have one. They're such a gorgeous style!

kristinmcd - I love your idea of keeping them all and just dragging one out when I'm in the mood for a change! :biggrin: The only thing is, I'm likely to find 5 others I want as well by then. :blush:

When it comes to bags it tends to be feast or famine, either nothing appeals to me at the moment or everything does. :girlsigh:

Linda

LindaP - I saw the listing for this Dylan on Amazon...I really hate to order something from them when they only have a few left because they are almost always returns that have "issues". I'm glad that this was an exception.

I am having a similar problem but with my RMs. During Amazon's last sale I purchased a MAB and Rikki in Rich Brown, MAM and Nikki in Coco, and a Nikki in Distressed Black. The Nikkis are definitely keepers. I returned the MAB (will wait for a better color), will probably keep the Rikki (I love this style and they make so few colors), but am on the fence about the MAM. I am obsessed with RM's Coco and I know that if I return it, I will probably never get another chance at it in this perfect condition. Decisions decisions. :thinking:

Yes, we're in the same pickle! LOL You now what, I have the RM Rikki as one of my saved Ebay searches, I'm going to go cancel that right now before I get tempted! LOL

I had a RM MAM in eggplant, but I sold it because I really need a bag I can shoulder carry. Those earlier mam's had short handles, I think just 6 inches so they didn't do well over the shoulder. I have not even seen the RM coco, I'm afraid to look...haha.

This olive Dylan is so perfect, I think it must have got lost in inventory or something.

:thinking:

Linda

Yes, we're in the same pickle! LOL You now what, I have the RM Rikki as one of my saved Ebay searches, I'm going to go cancel that right now before I get tempted! LOL

I had a RM MAM in eggplant, but I sold it because I really need a bag I can shoulder carry. Those earlier mam's had short handles, I think just 6 inches so they didn't do well over the shoulder. I have not even seen the RM coco, I'm afraid to look...haha.

This olive Dylan is so perfect, I think it must have got lost in inventory or something.

:thinking:

Linda

I have never owned a MAM or a MAB...I would prefer a MAB but they didn't make it in Coco.

Why did you have to mention a Rikki on eBay? Of course, I had to look. I love silver hardware. Damn. :lol:

i love the olive color and would totally keep it if i were you! i know its hard to justify all the purchases especially so many in a short period of time. use the one you love the most first. you might find out that there is a bag or two that you don't end up using and eventually outgrow before you have time to use it. that would be a good opportunity to sell it and recoup some of your money. otherwise, take them out one at a time to use. =]

I love the olive, even more so than the chianti, and would keep it. If you see another, let me know :lol: Not a chance, I know.
I agree with the previous poster, take them all out for a spin. You can always recoup if you decide to resell at a later point.