The World According to Karl...

Expat

Carole
Jun 25, 2008
Saw this in a UK newspaper and thought I'd share
http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/colu...77/The-world-according-to-Karl-Lagerfeld.html

He sounds fun!

A couple of tasters:
"Coco's two mistakes: In the 60s, (Madame Chanel was born in 1883) she forgot that elegance has to change. She didn't like mini's and she thought blue jeans were horrible. Nobody wants to be told by an old lady."

"On models: Chanel liked models who looked like what she thought she looked when she was young."

He is such a , well I wont type it out. LOL. His pompous ass needs to sit the hell down. Haha. After the comment he made that people who buy on sale should use a different door that non sale shoppers..... yah. Ok. Bye

He is such a , well I wont type it out. LOL. His pompous ass needs to sit the hell down. Haha. After the comment he made that people who buy on sale should use a different door that non sale shoppers..... yah. Ok. Bye

he said tht?! i'm a poor student saving up for a chanel and i look forward to sale bags...how horrid =.=

Well, in general mini skirts aren't the best option for most people -- so I wouldn't say that Coco Chanel was all wrong there! And she was right about people's knees being not generally that attractive, especially re: the average person.

Saw this in a UK newspaper and thought I'd share
http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/colu...77/The-world-according-to-Karl-Lagerfeld.html

He sounds fun!

A couple of tasters:
"Coco's two mistakes: In the 60s, (Madame Chanel was born in 1883) she forgot that elegance has to change. She didn't like mini's and she thought blue jeans were horrible. Nobody wants to be told by an old lady."

"On models: Chanel liked models who looked like what she thought she looked when she was young."

Hi Expat!!!!

Madame???? I guess someone didn't do their research, oops. Unless Mlle married herself, LOL. He is such a creep, isn't he? Anyway, I just drop into the Chanel forum every so often so often and today I was lucky enough to get to see Herr Karl wax poetic and catch a thread from you. Have a lovely day, dear! I hope you and yours are okay.
:hugs:

Hi Expat!!!!

Madame???? I guess someone didn't do their research, oops. Unless Mlle married herself, LOL. He is such a creep, isn't he? Anyway, I just drop into the Chanel forum every so often so often and today I was lucky enough to get to see Herr Karl wax poetic and catch a thread from you. Have a lovely day, dear! I hope you and yours are okay.
:hugs:

Not necessarily wrong. In French, women are often now referred to as Madame, even if unmarried -- especially if they are older.