How Much Is Too Much

canvas is more durable then leather and it is not just canvas, its a coated canvas that is impermable, anti-flammable and virtually scratch proof. It just depends on the individual. Personally I think it is worth it. lV canvases are also very versatile :smile:

well more than 1000 dollars and even under for an leather bag isn't really worth it either. You can buy a nice leather bag for 200 dollars. It's all about the love and canvas is strong

I Agree with above, if I loved the bag and have to have it 1000+ wouldn't stop me, I have the Miroir alma and many think im crazy for spending so much on a bag thats vinyl ...but to me it doesn't matter because I LVoe it:love:

It's not just the material...if I like the bag I will also consider other factors such as whether it is limited edition, whether I can wear it for years to come etc. Canvas is fine as it is durable, like someone has pointed out. I will be more hesitant to spend a lot on fabric, for instance, since it's prone to fraying and discolouration.

For me, canvas is a moral choice. I know even the canvas has leather trim, but I try to consume as little animal product as possible. And I love luxury so I choose to purchase LV, and I choose canvas. So to me, I think the canvas is definitely worth the money. However, to date I still have a threshold of $1400 per bag, but that could change...

I never thought I'd spend that much on a leather bag, let alone canvas, but after buying LV's and seeing how much I love them, it's so worth it to me. They're not something I'll buy often, like I did when I was buying Coach, but I'd rather have a $1,000 LV canvas bag that I'll carry everyday, then a $400 leather Coach bag that I never carried.
Not a very good deal if it stays in the closet forever.:huh:

For me, canvas is a moral choice. I know even the canvas has leather trim, but I try to consume as little animal product as possible. And I love luxury so I choose to purchase LV, and I choose canvas. So to me, I think the canvas is definitely worth the money. However, to date I still have a threshold of $1400 per bag, but that could change...

Preach about it lol!

I don't like leather.
It's high maintenance, not weather resistant.
Have to apply leather care or the color will fade and the leather will crack.

heck, I have genuine leather boots that I rarely wear because I'm afraid rain or snow will ruin them.