face itchy after clarisonic use

jessi5786

O.G.
Sep 17, 2007
hey everyone,

I just recently purchased the clarisonic and have been using it for about a week now, with the sensitive brush head. My skin has been extremely itchy and somewhat bumpy (from light scratching) and it's driving me insane! Do you think it's from the clarisonic/weather change? Should I just ride it out or stop using it altogether?

Also, how many times a day/week is the recommended use? I didn't notice anything about this in the user's manual.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as the itchiness is driving me insane. I should also mention that I've developed a skin condition that makes certain parts of my body itch like crazy, namely my legs and arms/hands. I don't know if it's the winter weather/dryness to the extreme or there's other underlying factors. Either way I need some assistance ladies!! help :sad:

I use the sensitive brush also (that's white one, I think). My skin feels a bit itchy and dry after use. I always follow my Clarisonic treatment with a very emollient moisturizer. I was using Bee Yummy Skin Food (all natural, organic) but they are out of stock with no estimate of when more will be available. So I have substituted Camellia Rose Nefertiti Beauty Balm for BYSF; I only use it after Clarisonic treatments. Seems to really help calm my skin afterwards -- no more dry or itchy feeling.

You may need to switch to the "delicate" brus head which is even softer than the sensitive. I don't have sensitive skin but I have always used my clarisonic with the sensitive brush head, all of that changed two weeks ago. I purchased the "normal" brush head thinking it would be better suited for me because I don't actually have sensitive skin, UGH what a nightmare. I have since developed symptoms much like what you are describing. My face is ultra sensitive to toner now and I have small bumbs all over my face, looks like heat rash. The normal brush head was just too much for my face. I think those with tough skin should use the normal brush head, thos ewith normal skin the sensitive brush head, and those with sensitive skin the delicate brush head. I have switched to the delicate brush head for now and my skin is coming along but the rough appearance is still there

I think those with tough skin should use the normal brush head, those with normal skin the sensitive brush head, and those with sensitive skin the delicate brush head. I have switched to the delicate brush head for now and my skin is coming along but the rough appearance is still there
Good points. I never tried the normal brush on my face, but I have used it on my chest area with no problems.

Sounds like your skin is really dry. Are you using a winter moisturizer? I think you need something that is a thicker cream that can restore moisture to your skin...

I think it might be a good idea to stop using it if it's making your skin itchy.

Last edited:
thanks for all of the advice ladies, I have been applying a super heavy moisturizer quite frequently as a result of the itchiness but I will reduce or stop use temporarily. I didn't realize so many people were only using it a few times a week, perhaps that's what I need to do. thanks again!!