Help! Buyer claims item is fake, filed SNAD

OHAI!
O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
Help! I sold a pair of Chanel crystal CC earrings on eBay last week for $211. I posted them out to her after her payment cleared and two days later she filed a SNAD. She's saying that they're fake because the crystals are different in colour and the receipt is for something else.

**members are never allowed to spot their own auctions or their eBay ID**

I wrote in the listing that the stamp on back of the earrings had fallen off and that the earrings were currently retailing at $370. They were perfect when they were posted and she now claims they're missing a crystal. I sent them with the original copy of the receipt as well, where I purchased the matching pendant as well!

This is what she wrote in the PP dispute.

I would like to send the item back to the seller for a full refund.The earrings to not match the item description with missing Swarovski crystals and the receipt provided does not match the purchased earrings. I am questioning the authenticity of this purchase.
I would like to return this item for a full refund for the purchase of these Chanel earrings of $219.50.The earrings are missing a swarowski crystal (which you did not mention in the listing) and also one of the crystals has been replaced, as it is a different tone to the other ones.I one of my friends has a pair of the same earrings and she said the "back logo" does not simply fall off! She has worn her earrings religiously and they have remained in tact years later.Also, the receipt you provided is for TWO purchases (one of $230 and $280) which brings me to believe it is not for these Chanel logo earrings which you said are $370.I am unhappy with the quality of this purchase and would like to return this item to you. Thank you.

I'm thinking she's going to pull a bait and switch or she's just plain dumb.

So frustrating.

What should I do? Sigh. She's no longer listed as an eBay member either.

I've never had this happen to me, advice please! TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why she was NARU'd. I don't know if the fact that she is no longer registered would negate or in some way diminish her claim.

Having said that, if what she is saying is true I can understand why she might not be happy with the purchase. If one of the crystals is missing and one is a different colour that should have been disclosed and does make the item SNAD.

I also don't know about proving inauthenticity. Without the "back logo" I think it might be difficult but I am not a Chanel expert.

Do an Advanced Search to check on her activity and see if there is anything fishy there (she might have bought the same pair or a fake version, which she wants to switch out for yours).

Really? NARU works in favour of me? How does that work?
I'm used to hearing about how PP always sides with the buyer...

None of us knows if she has any status or if her claim is valid because she is no longer a registered user. I would wait to see if you hear anything from ebay. Keep us posted.

This sounds like a scam to me. I think buyer is trying to pull a fast one on you, OP.

Even if she is an unregistered user now, she was a registered user when the buyer and seller made the agreement. In my opinion, I think the buyer still has a case against OP.

Last edited:
OYE, one of the many reasons why I am deciding no to sell anymore. It's those buyers that ruin it for the many great buyers out there. I agree with the others, it sounds like a bait & switch in the making. Have you contacted the bay or Paypal to see what the story is? The best of luck to you.

OP, I have a bad feeling but I think PP will side with her and make you refund her. Once the item is delivered back to you, PP will refund her. But if she does make a bait and switch, you can still call PP and make a claim. I'm sure once you do that, you'll get a refund from PP but you won't get your actual earrings back. Buyer will get away with your Chanel earrings and the 200+. Shucks.