Damier Ebene Alma

libra1375

May 26, 2010
Hello All,

I am interested in purchasing a Damier Ebene Alma. If any of you have this bag would you recommend that I buy it? Also, how often do you use your Alma?

Thanks
:biggrin:

I don't have one and really thought of including it in my wishlist until a friend who bought it complained that it was very difficult to open up with one hand. I was told you actually have to put the bag down and open it up with both hands to take stuff out of the bag.

Can those who own Alma share your thoughts? Like libra1375 I too love it in Ebene.

I don't have one and really thought of including it in my wishlist until a friend who bought it complained that it was very difficult to open up with one hand. I was told you actually have to put the bag down and open it up with both hands to take stuff out of the bag.

Can those who own Alma share your thoughts? Like libra1375 I too love it in Ebene.
Thanks.. We both would love to hear the reviews:biggrin:.

Ok, so my husband said I should wait and get the Trevi instead of the Alma. He thinks the Trevi is a prettier bag. What are you thoughts on the Trevi vs the Alma?

Thanks Again

I have the Damier Alma and love it, it's such a beautiful classic bag. I have no problem getting things out of it while wearing it on my arm. I have tried on the Trevi PM and found it to be pretty heavy while empty so I passed on it. I switch my bags out every couple of days because I get bored quickly but always go back to my Alma:smile:

Last edited:
If DH is getting Trevi for you...go for it first! Regular Alma is really small. I have two Vernis MMs and mono Alma MM. I love the MM size. Alma MM is gorgeous in Vernis.

Go for Miss Trevi!!!

i was debating between Trevi and Damier Alma before, I ended up got the Trevi but return it later. The Trevi is such a nice looking bag but I just can't handle the weight. I don't carry a lot but it's quite substantial even without anything in it, so between the two I'll pick Alma! If you're used to heavy bag then I don't think it will be a issue.

I have a monogram Alma and agree that it is hard to open with one hand. My zipper frequently gets stuck or is tough to open. It's like it needs to be oiled...lol! I would highly recommend the should strap though. I find the top handle isn't as versatile as I would like, especially for a long day of shopping ;).

I have the Trevi Ebene on my wishlist too :smile:.

I agree with a previous comment about Trevi Ebene and Alma in Vernis!! :smile:

I think all of the Almas are difficult to open with one hand because of the style of the zipper.

I would go for the Trevi instead of the Alma in Ebene.

Go for the Trevi. I love the Alma and such a classic but the orig. size is small IMO. I have the mono Alma mm and I hope they come out with the Damier Alma mm until then I would get the Trevi:smile:

it is a lovely bag it looks so much better in person i dont use it too often becuase i cant put it over my shoulder but i use anytime i know ill just be in my car to "destination"