Books & Music That's It?: Books Whose Endings Left Much to be Desired

I completely agree with the Stephen King comments. That man cannot end a story. It seems like he is trucking along with all these great ideas and then *BAM* aliens.
Ha! That's too funny! I've never read any Stephen King, and this certainly isn't making me want to read his works.

How about the Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks? (spoiler warning)

SHE TURNS INTO A TREE. A TREE. A TREEEEEEEE.

:shocked::wtf:
Say what?! Hahaha!

Lol, just goes to show that I cannot type and talk to someone at the same time.

Sweetwon: When Twilight's first action figures were released, there was a misprint on Edwards package. It said, Edwards special ability was "Ming Reading" instead of mind reading. I thought you were referencing that. LOL:lol:

The book that immediately comes to mind for me was The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. I remember thinking "I just read 700+ pages for this!!" It was so long ago. It is the first of a trilogy and I've thought maybe I should give it & the series a chance, but can't bring myself to do it.

Ha! That's too funny! I've never read any Stephen King, and this certainly isn't making me want to read his works.

Not a Stephen King fan, but once I saw The Green Mile I had to read the book. Loved it even more.

Nicholas Sparks' latest, SAFE HAVEN. The ending left me saying, "WTF! You expect me to believe THAT?" It kinda ruined the book for me, which up until that point I thought was pretty good.

Valley of the Shadow by Tom Pawlik. It was the sequel to his book, Vanish, and I was high disappointed with Valley of the Shadow. I thought Vanish was pretty good though.

MetaGame by Sam Landstrom was another book that I didn't like the ending. It was a free book on the kindle and I was surprised how much I liked it, I thought it was very original, and the climax of the book happens, you find out what's been going on all this time, and then it starts to suck. I'm sure it's a set-up for a sequel, but it's still annoying.

Lastly, Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. The book wasn't very good to begin with, but the ending was so bad!!!

Last edited: