Should I get this?!

yummycake

Nov 7, 2010
Ok, so I have been eying black caviar flap jumbos lately and I must say, I can't afford it for now (this would be my first Chanel purchase, i'm kind of over the Prada and Louis phase).
Then I went searching for alternatives that would satisfy my Chanel hunger temporarily and I found this Lambskin tote. I think i can afford this one at $1400 usd. Authentic and Brand new:biggrin:
Does anybody know what this is?
I know it's not as classy as the flap nor the gst but is it too trendy? Is it worth the price? Would it be too fragile for an everyday bag? I hope this won't be my only Chanel purchase but I hope it will last me sometime (in terms of style and durability) before I save enough money for the flap
Cheers!

Attachments

• chanel purse.jpg
    chanel purse.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Why don't you try Malleries and ebay, they have heaps of classic flaps around your budget. Personally I would prefer to get a classic flap as my first Chanel. Good luck for your Chanel hunting :smile:

Last edited:
get a classic flap, you could find one about 1400-2000, i shop on ebay and im happy with all of mine :smile:, as long as you get it authenticated, and its from a good seller, good luck!

You should save for a jumbo flap (either pre-loved or brand new) - that's really what you want, plus it's a timeless style! You're going to use it for YEARS to come so it's worth the wait. Rather than settling on an 'interim solution' that you may regret.

Ok, so I have been eying black caviar flap jumbos lately and I must say, I can't afford it for now (this would be my first Chanel purchase, i'm kind of over the Prada and Louis phase).
Then I went searching for alternatives that would satisfy my Chanel hunger temporarily and I found this Lambskin tote. I think i can afford this one at $1400 usd. Authentic and Brand new:biggrin:
Does anybody know what this is?
I know it's not as classy as the flap nor the gst but is it too trendy? Is it worth the price? Would it be too fragile for an everyday bag? I hope this won't be my only Chanel purchase but I hope it will last me sometime (in terms of style and durability) before I save enough money for the flap
Cheers!

This is a vintage caviar tote style and very sturdy. $1,400 is a reasonable price as long as the condition is very good to excellent. I think it makes a great alternative to a classic flap because you probably won't be able to buy a used classic caviar jumbo flap for less than $2,500 in the secondary market (even vintage ones - trust me, I've looked).

attachment.php

This is a vintage caviar tote style and very sturdy. $1,400 is a reasonable price as long as the condition is very good to excellent. I think it makes a great alternative to a classic flap because you probably won't be able to buy a used classic caviar jumbo flap for less than $2,500 in the secondary market (even vintage ones - trust me, I've looked).

attachment.php

ITA. You wouldn't be able to get a pre-loved jumbo for $1500 like some others have mentioned (unless it isn't in very good shape). There is a lot of cheap stuff on ebay. Some of it is good and some of it isn't. Some people get lucky, but it is hard to find a jumbo in that low of a price range these days. This vintage tote is completely amazing. If it is in great condition, then the price is reasonable. IMO, the vintage bags are more well made.

I'd pass on it. Keep your eye on the prize. If you want the black caviar jumbo, just keep saving. Getting this in the meantime won't satisfy you. It'll put you back rather than moving you forward to your bag sooner. I'm a fan of vintage Chanels, but this bag just doesn't do it for me. I'd go with the flap as it's more classic.