UPDATE!! The ring is here! Stress be gone! (pics pg 18)

Ame i just dropped off my ring at the store ... guess what, so remember i had sizing issue with the ring - it was rotating a lot... so i had them measure the exact size of the ring - SIZE 5 , not the TIGHT 5 i requested, can you believe it ! so i guess now the problem is solved - they will size it down 1/8 size for me, replace the faulty melee and no need for sizing beads ...

can't wait to see your vatche crown !

Must be AGONY to be w/o that gorgeous ring!!!!

Hope they size it ASAP :hugs:

I hope it fits you perfectly and that the melee is perfect. Did they give you an ETA? I would be annoyed if it went to the back of the line to wait for other rings to be done before it was fixed, esp if it's their workmanship that was the issue.

I have no updates yet, today is technically the 7th official workday since Vatche got the ring last Monday.

contessa, thankyou for your encouragement ! i will post update on a separate thread when it's done !

ame, they were apologetic and is rushing it for me. the store fedex'd it overnight to Michael B in CA and i will pick up the ring from my jewelry store this coming saturday = 4 more days ! :smile:

my 1st 3-stone ring was also a vatche (RB with pear sides), it took them about 10 working days to finish ... hope to see your ring soon !!!

Yea they told this guy 7-10. I wrote on my calendar Friday but I am hoping it's early.

Mostly I just want it done RIGHT and to not be in any way imperfect.

Well for starters its WAY cheaper than Tiffany. They make nice things at Blue Nile. If they have what you want, I don't see any reason NOT to at least give it a go. You can return it if it's not perfect.

I love my ring! Ame I'm sure your Vatche is going to be spectacular. Can't wait for your pictures. The gaps on my ring are due to the swooping nature of the prongs but aren't huge. Thank you Swanky, your diamond is one of the reasons I went with a RB. You were right in saying a RB has the biggest presence, I previously had an oval but couldn't warm up to the shape.
Contessa BN is great, I've ordered from them and returned when I didn't like the ring they were so easy to work with. Here's some pics, I've also started a thread on Price Scope. First picture on the right is the original mounting before the Vatche.

Attachments

• RSCN0937.jpg
    RSCN0937.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 307
  • RSCN0941.jpg
    RSCN0941.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCN0903.jpg
    DSCN0903.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Very minor update on mine. Here's what my jeweler just told me via email:

I am trying to be patient about your ring. I was checking on it maybe too much, and I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was annoyed. He snapped that he was on top of everything, and he would call right away. But I'm still waiting, so hopefully before the weekend we will have it in hand or at least know when it is coming.

I hope all is well!