Anybody tired....of switching bags?

Oct 30, 2010
I used to switch bags for every outfit, but now I would rather not. I'm even thinking of giving my mom and sister a few of the nicer one's that I don't carry much. I'm thinking I need an around-town, everyday leather bag, an evening bag, and my LV speedy for dressing up (Sunday's & date night.) Anybody in the same boat? I love bags, but you can only carry one at a time....

I'm with paris.elisa—I need to consolidate my bags. All I really need is a leather tote for work and a status bag (Chanel, LV, etc.) for outings. I have too many Coach and MBMJ bags that I don't even carry.

I often carry *two* at a time.:P No I'm not tired of it; I rarely switch bags anyway even though I have a lot (31 purses excluding utility bags), and I do not switch depending on what I'm wearing or even the occasion sometimes. It depends on my mood and what bag needs to get a lower cost per wear.

No, there is nothing wrong with you. Everyone has their own limit to how many bags they feel comfortable owning and using. I have about 20 bags - I rotate regularly but if I had more than that, I'd start to feel bad because they just would not get used.

Do what you feel is right for you.

I think you have reached your saturation point. There is nothing wrong with you.
Gift/sell the bags you don't really want, and concentrate on the ones that work for you.

I rarely ever switch bags. Maybe 3-4 times a year max. I do however grab some items out of my everyday bag and throw them into a clutch somewhat often. Like when I'm going out for the night & I don't want to take the contents of my entire bag with me.

I don't switch bags very often. I have one standard Chanel (my diamond stitch tote) that I use daily. Every once in a while I will switch to my Chanel clutch or one of my Chanel flaps. Almost every time I do it, I grab my everyday bag the next day and forget my wallet in the other bag! I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have a cart full of groceries and no method of payment because I don't have my wallet...

I don't switch bags very often. I have one standard Chanel (my diamond stitch tote) that I use daily. Every once in a while I will switch to my Chanel clutch or one of my Chanel flaps. Almost every time I do it, I grab my everyday bag the next day and forget my wallet in the other bag! I can't tell you how embarrassing it is to have a cart full of groceries and no method of payment because I don't have my wallet...

Been there done that....hate it! Especially with a 3yo in tow.

I switch from time to time but not every day. I have a few throw around crossbody bags or Goyards when going to the park, gym bag for workouts and I usually switch to a nice clutch or smaller bag for church or running errands by myself.

When it's no longer fun to switch bags for variety's sake then that is a sign that your "bag love" phase is waning. I'm sure it will come back again once there are some bags that catch your eye. I'm in a blah phase myself where I don't really "need" anything. Perhaps those are your feelings..?

When I think about it, when my time is the highest commodity, I rather not take the time to switch bags. Even five minutes counts with a 3yo running around causing chaos.

I usually switch bags once a week, but that is fairly new for me. Until a few months ago I was only switching every few months, but now I have a job and I have more bags so I like to switch it up more frequently. I don't know if this is crazy but I actually plan my work outfits for the week around what bag I'm going to use :nuts:!

Sometimes it gets annoying, like when I slip my ID or ATM card into a small pocket of one bag and forget to take it out when I switch, or when I decide to wear something that totally doesn't match my bag choice for the week.

Well, no...I now have 7 bags that I LOVE. I switch them out weekly and look forward to using each and every one of them! I found that when I had too many bags (for me that is 10+), I would stress and feel some guilt about not using bags enough. I purged and got down to 3 bags and that was not enough variety for me. Everybody has a different number of bags they are comfortable with. It's all about balance!

That's probably why I don't own all that many. I'm too lazy to switch. In fact, I notice if I go out during the week night, I wear the same one I wore all day. I love my every day bags.