Can seller blocked buyer from asking question?

missbao

Mar 24, 2010
hi, i tried to ask a question another time after no response from seller, so this is what i got from ebay.

We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

is it possible that a seller block a buyer from asking question?

thank you!

I have a similar issue with e-mailing a seller in which I am one of her repeat customer. When I asked her why I got an odd aswer from eBay, she said she has no idea as she is in no way block any one from asking question.

I have the same problem today, I think this is new thing from ebay. The seller stated that no International shipping, I assumed this is why ebay blocked the questionaire from potential International buyer:shucks:. I was hoping I could find the answer here.

I am just asking some simple question like can her waive shipping or a dollar or 2 off? Then I got no response for the first time, so Tried the 2nd time and got this message, I thought he/she blocked me :sad:

I am just asking some simple question like can her waive shipping or a dollar or 2 off? Then I got no response for the first time, so Tried the 2nd time and got this message, I thought he/she blocked me :sad:

Hmm, maybe trying to haggle for free shipping or a dollar or two off annoyed her and she blocked you. I would just move on to another auction.

Linda

I have the same problem today, I think this is new thing from ebay. The seller stated that no International shipping, I assumed this is why ebay blocked the questionaire from potential International buyer:shucks:. I was hoping I could find the answer here.

Could be? Maybe if they block international buyers from bidding it blocks their questions as well.

Linda

Just had that from a scammer that relisted an item at a higher price (she had bleated to ebay that she was a new seller and made a mistake with the postal charges when in actual fact she just didn't want to sell at the price I had won the item at). Not liking ebay at all at the moment...too many shoddy sellers and horror stories out there.

Don't know if this is what it is, but the whole ask a question section has changed. Most of the time you can eventually get to "ask the seller a question" or "contact seller." But if you are blocked, maybe not. Seems strange that a seller would block people from asking questions unless there was some sort of previous issue..:confused1: Do you have any history with this seller?

no.. this is the first time i am dealing with her, i am not sure why is she/he annoyed to the extend of blocking me? haha.. and she does ship worldwide so she cant be blocking international buyer.. i am lost. i dunno what is the case here. and seems like she is the only person selling this beautiful scarf in ebay...

It all depends on whether or not you can see the "Ask a question" link on the auction page. (It's been now moved to the bottom of the page where the posted Q&A is located).

If you do NOT see this link:
You are blocked from asking. This means the seller has selected "Do not allow blocked buyers from contacting you." This could mean anything from you are located in an area the seller does not ship to (the main one) or you don't meet some other buyer requirement. It can also mean that the seller has blocked you specifically.

If you DO SEE this link:
This means that the seller has only allowed Ebay automatic answered questions to be asked and does not allow a buyer to ask the seller a question directly. This would affect every buyer.