Silver Gunmetal Alexandra--yes or no?

purplecrystal

Nov 2, 2010
Hello ladies, I need your opinions about the silver Alexandra. I am worried that it might have flaking problems because of the metalic leather. So have you heard of any problems with it flaking? Would you risk it and buy one? Please advise!! Thanks!

I think it's beautiful but agree with paula3boys, I've heard of way too many issues with peeling. I wish it wasn't so because I'd like one too. I have it in berry and it is sooooooo comfortable to carry.

I was choosing between the black croc Alexandra and the black leather Audrey for my mom. I did some searches here and found a few threads about peeling and flaking on the metallic gunmetal and the lilac/black croc Alexandras. I really didn't think it was worth it to go through the heartache after falling in love with a bag so I adviced my mom went for we both went for Audrey! You could read about it on the forums and decide for yourself if you're ok to risk it.

I have had and carried mine almost exclusively for almost two months and haven't had a single problem. No flaking, rubbing, or dulling. I've mentioned to my SA that I've heard of these problems and both she and the manager said that they haven't had a single one come back for any reason, which definitely reassured me. Plus they reminded me that if there is ever a problem I can bring it back for a replacement, 40% off, or credit on a new bag.

So for now I'm living in the moment and absolutely loving my soft, slouchy, shiny, perfect gunmetal Alexandra without worry.

I would rather have the Madison gunmetal carryall. I have the wallet, and it has a "coating" on it that looks like it would prevent peeling. I LOVE the wallet, and want the bag...BAD.
Gah, I wish I was not on ban... :shucks:

Check out the Mad carryall on the forum, and see what they say about it.