Sorry but I need to rant...

Clake76

Young Broke and Fab
Dec 10, 2006
I HATE the larger hardware on the bags now. To me they look like gold thimbles that are stuck on the bags. I went to Neiman Marcus to look at colors and saw these awful gold "knobs" on the beautiful bags -- I am quite sad now.:crybaby:

Can we get a letter writing campaign started to bring back the old hardware?

To me they look like gold thimbles that are stuck on the bags.

Hahaha, that's EXACTLY what my little sister said!! :roflmfao:

The thimbles are too bling-y for me, and I think Balenciaga jumped on the bling trend a little too late. I think they could have done gold hardware more tastefully.

An SA at neiman marcus was trying REALLY hard to push the French Blue/GH Part-time on me the other day...I have to admit that it grew on me, but in the end, I felt that I would spend most of my time trying to love it instead of LOVIN' it!

Thimbles, Clake? :roflmfao:

I have never thought about the new hardware that way... if you see them that way, I'm sure that DH would make such a comment too... :wtf:

I, too, have a hard time loving the GH. I think it looks best on the natural and cafe (some PFers have some great looking bags with these), but its a bit to obvious for me and I don't think that I can pull it off. At least the regular hardware is still available for those of us that can't (or won't) wear the GH look.

I wonder how well the GH bags are selling. I know everyone's stocking them, but...

Hopefully I'll be down at BalNY soon (hear that, Kim???) and I'm going to ask. If they only do so-so, Bal probably won't bring them back. And you can definitely get the regular hardware -- that's what I'm on the list for.

I think they look gorgeous on some bags - the ones with the size and color to carry the look. They're not for me, though. My limit to bling is the bright brass zippers on my Botkier black Crosby Hobo.