I'm about to go LV crazy! +suggestions for a guy

casamance

one world, one lvoe
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
So I don't have any LV right now, just other bags (coach, gucci, some obscure designers). I always admired LV and it's time that I owned some. I've been looking at a few LV pieces that I want before I go on a trip in early March.

I'm thinking:
-Damier Olav MM
-Mono Groom Zippy Organizer (seems perfect for keeping cash/cards/passport/tix all in one place while on a trip somewhere)
-Mono Simple Card Holder (need one)

But I want another bag besides this. Maybe I'll get a Keepall, but I really wanted another type of bag that I could just carry around. Maybe the Taiga Kasbek GM tote or even the Whistler Cabas...I saw one in the Chevy Chase, MD store, although I didn't take a close look at it. I do really like the Mono Pochette Gange but I really can't see myself wearing one...it looks a little silly like those wallets people hang around their neck.

What do you think?

lv is coming out with a minimalistic wallet for men like the portes cartes with a money clip on the back! slim and useful! soon!

personally, i like the cabas whistler and taiga items for men

The Olav MM is a good choice!!! Although I've heard that the odd shape isn't really practical...

My suggestions for other LV man-bags:
-Damier Geant Loup
-Damier Melville Messenger
-Bastille
-Bosphore Messenger GM

As for the Porte Cartes Simple, I would get something that actually has a flap... if you overstuff the card holder, it'll look overstretched and funky... :s Suggestions for card holders:

Louis Vuitton
Card Holder
$140.00

Louis Vuitton
Credit Card Holder
$125.00

Louis Vuitton
Pocket Organizer
$225.00

The groom zippy is gorgeous! A keepall would be great as well- definitely a staple. The Innsbruck Cabas and Carryall are beautiful as well.

Attachments

• Innsbruck Cabas $2,370.jpg
    Innsbruck Cabas $2,370.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Innsbruck Carryall A $4,450.jpg
    Innsbruck Carryall A $4,450.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 90
I love my Olav MM and my zippy organizer. Both great bags. Keepall isn't practical for everday, just for travel. Whistler cabas is hot too.

BTW. Welcome to TPF!

Thanks for the welcome. I think it was actually the Innsbruck Cabas that caught my eye (they probably had a Whistler too). So maybe that or also I was looking at the Tobago Carryall, either that or the Tobago Keepall 50 in yellow. We'll see, those are last season, so maybe I should just forget about those ones.

I looked at a few Taigas and honestly they're too plain for my taste. Although in certain situations I believe understatement is better.

Only thing I'm sure about is the Zippy Organizer, I love the green interior on that thing!

The Olav MM is a good choice!!! Although I've heard that the odd shape isn't really practical...

As for the Porte Cartes Simple, I would get something that actually has a flap... if you overstuff the card holder, it'll look overstretched and funky...

I really do like the odd shape of the Olav with the pockets that 'go in'. It's so unique. Although I was disappointed that they don't make the GM anymore; I tend to go for BIG bags.

As for the card wallet, if all I need is my Platinum card and my ID, it would suit my needs. ;)

They also have a few Men's S/S bags coming out on Feb. 15th:

WOW are you serious? This is from the SS/07 runway show? :wtf: That Floral keepall looks insane, love it! I'd like to see that and the Kangaroo sac plat in person. Somehow I doubt they'll have one over here in DC, might have to go to a bigger LV store in New York. Thanks for posting that.

Ok I just called the LV NY store and I may just have to go up there to raid what's left of their f/w 06 ready to wear collection before it's gone! :nuts: Some of those jackets I love!!!