Tired of WAITING Gucci now has my business

So OP do we get to see your new Gucci!!!!
I should probably post it on the Gucci page ...I don't want to offend my LV friends . I still love my LV but branching out!

Which makes me ask... how you ladies feel about Givenchy? The Nightingale bag is beautiful and I have a 25% off opportunity to buy one ....so tempting ...

Bad idea I have waited up to to years for some bags( Hermes) and I am still wanting on a few Louis pieces but never gucci enjoy yours I'm sure its divine. but in my book gucci is dead quality and ethical issues. if anything I sujest you purchase goyard when Louis is out of stock .remember darling patience is a virtue !

The funny thing is that if anyone is actually addicted or feels compelled to purchase LV, then LV is in effect forcing them to go cold turkey. LV is cutting off the supply to the dedicated collectors and forcing its own form of ban.

I wonder how many of us will feel the same level of drive to buy a new LV bag (compared to pre-shortage) once this "shortage" is officially over.

According to behavior analysis psychology, our desire will go up. But I hope not!

Last edited:
Bad idea I have waited up to to years for some bags( Hermes) and I am still wanting on a few Louis pieces but never gucci enjoy yours I'm sure its divine. but in my book gucci is dead quality and ethical issues. if anything I sujest you purchase goyard when Louis is out of stock .remember darling patience is a virtue !
Hmmmm have not looked at Goyard, thanks for the tip I will check them out. And for the virtue of patience... that is a work in progress :lolots:

An SA in London said four weeks until stock is up... he said it was embarrassing and he felt bad for polite customers who would go through about five bags, and he had to tell them they didn't have any of them.

On a side note, I had some really great customer service at LV :smile: and felt appreciated as a customer, despite the ridiculous queues at the selfridge's store.

I should probably post it on the Gucci page ...I don't want to offend my LV friends . I still love my LV but branching out!

Which makes me ask... how you ladies feel about Givenchy? The Nightingale bag is beautiful and I have a 25% off opportunity to buy one ....so tempting ...

OP, I love the Givenchy Nightingale !!

Would love to have one as well :love:

OMGosh I feel the same way!! I was actually going to start a thread on this but am so GLAD you did!!

To be honest LV is my favourite brand at the moment (and also balenciaga). To make things worse my credit card company increased my limit 4x as much as what is was originally, so I technically could buy several bags. However ALL the bags I want are SOLD OUT and have been for a while. It is so frustrating. I even when to the GUCCI website to have a nose, and although the bags are NICE I havent really FELL in love with any like LV (although I tried to convince myself to love them). I do own Gucci items but tend to buy things from GUCCI as a consellation to LV, if LV do not do a particular item I desire. For instance the only GUCCI bag I own is a diaper bag becuase at the time of the birth of my first son, LV did not produce any diaper bags. Also I purchased Wellies from GUCCI as LV do not produce any wellies. I feel very disappointed but on the upside feel glad that even though there is a shortage I still managed to purchase some very nice hard to get hold of LV items!!!

Fortunately for me in Malaysia, we seldom run out of stock for LV. However, I went last week and they were out of the Damier Neverfull but was told that the stock should be in this week. Did not check back as there are so many Neverfull Mono and Damier imitations here that it just turns me off.

I have looked through Gucci bags and the only two I like are the Marrakech and Gucci Craft. Having said that, they are made of fabric, so I'm wondering whether they are worth the investment.

I totally agree with the OP. I'm tired of waiting and just bought myself my first Balenciaga Part-time in Anthracite! I'm sure I will come back to LV. It always pulls me back in!:graucho:

If anyone is close to Toronto, the LV in Yorkdale has tons of Speedys in Mono, Ebene, Azur and Epi. See my thread "Speedy Alert" in the LV Shopping section.

But while I was there I went to Holt Renfrew and saw a L.A.M.B. Walderston Satchel in L.A.M.B. Union print and fell in love. Same size and basic shape as a Speedy, $298 v. $650, has inside pockets for cellphone and whatever else and an outside pocket and a flat patch on the bottom to prevent sag (I don't like saggy Speedys).

I didn't 'have to have' an LV, I wanted the size, shape and most importantly the light weight, so I'm sold on the L.A.M.B.

I just hope they have one left when I can get back there, because I hesitated so I could talk to DH (I mentioned above he finally agreed I could have a Speedy, BUT he hates both Mono and Damier and it was a very grudging agreement) - he loved the little lambs when I showed it to him on the Internet!

Last edited: