next dillards sale

My sa told me that at the end of this month they were having their handbag trade in event. So that means you can bring in an old bag (I usually pick up one at goodwill) and will get a discount on a full price bag. The discount is between $50-200.00 I believe depending on the price of the fp bag.
So they won't be doing the extra % off the clearance this month (at least at my store that I know of).

Whatever it is, usually at the end of the month. I didn't stop by two weeks ago cause I just didn't want to spend more $ than I need to. I have enough bags to last me a lifetime and most are brand new so I just passed.

I'm not sure if the discount is the same for all stores but I got a flyer from my local store today. The event starts on the 26th and runs thru the 31st. The discount is: save $15 on a new bag that is priced between $50 - $75, save $25 on bags priced $76 - 125, save $40 on bags priced $126 - $199, and save $50 on bags priced $200 or more.

So the most that you can save on one bag is $50. It's a good idea because the donated bags do go to charity, but it's not much to save on FP bag, IMO. I tried on a Madison Shoulder bag and the SA mentioned that I could save $50 on it. I'm sure that I'm just spoiled with the PCEs but $50 didn't seem like much on a $500 bag. Of course, it would seem better if I bought a $200 bag. :smile:

The bag you donate does not have to be Coach or any other certain brand. The flyer just says bring in any clean, used handbag. The discount is only good for regular priced items also, according to the flyer.

Darn! I was hoping that they would be good for mark downs too.. I really want my berry Alexandra and I was told she went on sale this weekend :sad: I will have to check out the wristlets and watches though!)

ITA with you though, it seems kind of lousy when there's PCE.