So Sad, they have changed the Alma !

mumar_k

O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
I bought my Alma ebene last year and today I noticed they have added a "key tag" and also "Protective bottom studs" to the bag. The price has not increased much. I am sooo sad. Why does the style have to change a year after I got it :sad: . I want the key tag

I bought my Damier Alma in February this year and the SA told me it was the last one in the store. Few days after my purchase I read that they were being modified.
When I saw the new “improved” Almas I was a little bit sad and disappointed, but when I think about it now I wouldn’t have changed a thing!
In those 6 months I spent beautiful moments with my bag and I don’t think that the new Alma would make much difference.

Now about the “improvements” - the clochette does not bother me, it's cute but that’s all there is to it and I read that you can order one if you like (http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/where-can-i-get-clochette-lost-pls-help-351202.html). I saw a picture of girl holding her EPI Alma Cassis with the clochette a year ago.
The thing I like about the new version are the protective studs on the bottom. I regret my Alma not having those, they really make it easier protecting the bottom of the bag.
And also, the new Almas are smaller than the old ones and that I do not like about them, I can barely fit what I need in my Alma.

BE HAPPY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A REALLY BEAUTIFUL, ELEGANT, CLASSY AND AMAZING BAG! I KNOW I AM :smile:

Last edited:
Honestly speaking, I don't think the key tag and protective studs add that much value to the design. The original classic design is just as beautiful! :yes:

The Damier Alma you bought was an older model. It has been out for several years. The new Damier Alma is smaller in size, I believe. But they will always be classic regardless. You shouldn't feel bad.

Don't be sad, I think your older model is wasy more classy and beautiful :amuse: Not a fan of ther newer ones

But if you really really want the new one, why don't you sell yours and "re-buy" it? :smile: