Mia Patent Tote

chrissly.w

Oct 19, 2010
My first post here but I've been lurking on the forum for a while :smile:

I recently got the Mia Patent Tote in dove and I love it! However, there are some things about this bag that are bothering me and I don't know if I'm just being too picky, so I'm hoping to get some opinions from fellow coachies!

It's hard to tell from the picture but there's more material on the left side of the bag compared to the right. The bottom left corner of the bag is also stitched in a way that there's a permanent dent.

attachment.php

The left side seems poofier whereas the right side seems to fold more nicely

Left:
attachment.php

Right:
attachment.php

Lastly, I was looking at the bottom of the tote and found out that the stitchings that run down from both sides of the tote don't line up properly.
attachment.php

Again, I don't know if I'm just being picky or if all mia patent totes are like this, so I'm hoping those who own one can let me know.

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• P1030931.jpg
    P1030931.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 561
  • P1030933.jpg
    P1030933.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 553
  • P1030939.jpg
    P1030939.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 559
  • P1030938.jpg
    P1030938.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 556
I got it from a FP store. I'm sure I can get a full refund as my tag is still attached (was too scared of color transfer to use it!).

I'm just wondering if these are considered to be "small" defects that will show up in some way or another in every bag, because obviously no bags can be completely symmetrical left to right.

Welcome to tPF! :P

If scrutinized closely, you could probably find some assymetry in every bag. But it certainly shouldn't be as obvious as yours! I would definitely take it back and look the other bags over closely. You're not being too picky.

I got it from a FP store. I'm sure I can get a full refund as my tag is still attached (was too scared of color transfer to use it!).

Which bothers you more, the color transfer issue or the symmetry?

All you need to do is take the bag in with your receipt and tell them you have changed your mind. Life is too short to be stuck with a purse you don't love!

March it back to the store! I once returned a bag due to a very sticky zipper....I had already cut the tag off and used it a few times....the SA's understood that this was not acceptable. I had no problems with the return.

Which bothers you more, the color transfer issue or the symmetry?

All you need to do is take the bag in with your receipt and tell them you have changed your mind. Life is too short to be stuck with a purse you don't love!

I think at first I was worried about the color transfer, but as I looked at the bag more and more, I found more and more imperfections. I will take the bag to the store this weekend and try to exchange it, and will make sure I inspect it first! The current one I got was gift wrapped in the back so I never got a chance to see it until I got home.

I think at first I was worried about the color transfer, but as I looked at the bag more and more, I found more and more imperfections. I will take the bag to the store this weekend and try to exchange it, and will make sure I inspect it first! The current one I got was gift wrapped in the back so I never got a chance to see it until I got home.

I ended up going over 2 or 3 purses when I picked out my last one then I asked her to wrap it up for me because it was an early Christmas gift! It's your money, don't let anyone make you feel uncomfortable when you spend it! Can't wait to see what you get!

Hmmm... I wonder if all totes have this irregularity-issue! I think dawn had the same tote? I wouldn't mind hearing if her's has the same issue or not...

If it bothers you- take it back. Better now than using it and hating it 2 weeks down the road and not being able to return it then since it's used by that time...

I think the color is very nice and I have never had personal color transfer issues, but everybody can change their mind- it's no big deal! Go get something you really love!