OMG Crimson Sophia arrived stuffed in tiny box

tawnycat

♥Loving all my bags♥
O.G.
Aug 29, 2008
My Large Crimson Sophia arrived today. It was one of the last ones available. It came from another store. Anyway the Fed Ex box was huge. Inside was a tiny coach box. I thought at first they sent me the small. Anyway when I opened the box my Sophia was curled and twisted into a little ball. No tags and no stuffing. I am really not happy about this!! The leather on her smooth finish is now completely puckered with dents and folds. They had it folded so much the middle of the bag almost looks worn the leather at the seam is all drawn up. I tried stuffing her but they look and feel permanent. I don't know what to do at this point. Do you ladies think her smooth finish will return?

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

Not to alarm you, but I notice the brown 'floor price tag' is still on the hang tag's chain. This was more than likely a floor model and may have been handled a bit.

The bag should not, under any circumstances, should have been shipped in that condition. Sometimes the packaging and foam wraps around the hardware is removed when they arrive at the store, but when they ship out they should have some stuffing and be wrapped and carefully shipped. I suggest taking a picture of the box it arrived in and sending that to Corporate or the store you purchased the bag from.

As for the patent folds and crinkles, with patent that thin, the crinkles will happen - so keep in mind if you do exchange for another bag, you will eventually have crinkles.

Well ladies this bag is a mess. It does not look right at all anymore. There was no cover whats so ever for the bag it literally was curled up in a roll in the tiny box. I can take pics of the box too if anyone would like. I have had a terrible bout of food poisoning yesterday and today and I have no energy to make the 30 min drive into my coach store. I was wondering if i was just over reacting but this is really not acceptable on a $400 bag. I will call my store immediately and let you all know what they say. I am disappointed I have been waiting days to get her.:wondering

i agree with the others this is not acceptable. seriously it should have been well stuffed with tissue paper and in its dust cover. it should also have the price tag. coach must be trying to save money on packaging and stuff cuz last time i went to the outlet the s.a. just put my stuff in a paper bag unwrapped w/o dust bags. i know they always used to wrap my stuff and give dust covers for my small items. sorry this happened to your gorgeous sophia!!! hope you can get this sorted out.

I agree with all the above posts, you should have Coach deal with this asap. What an awful way to have treated this beautiful bag. Sounds like whoever boxed it for shipment was too lazy to look for the right sized box. Good luck, Anne

Here is a pic of the huge box they shipped in and the smaller one my Sophia was in. They did not even have her in the dust bag. They put lots of stuffing in the big box so the smaller would not rattle around.:-s

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

Wow, I agree, that is just wrong for them to stuff that lovely Sophia into such a small box. If I were the manager of the store that sent it, I would want to have a talk with whoever packaged it. You should definitely tell the store. I think they should find you a new one and have it overnighted to you. That's just completely unacceptable. Good luck!

Well ladies this bag is a mess. It does not look right at all anymore. There was no cover whats so ever for the bag it literally was curled up in a roll in the tiny box. I can take pics of the box too if anyone would like. I have had a terrible bout of food poisoning yesterday and today and I have no energy to make the 30 min drive into my coach store. I was wondering if i was just over reacting but this is really not acceptable on a $400 bag. I will call my store immediately and let you all know what they say. I am disappointed I have been waiting days to get her.:wondering

Wow ... honestly I don't understand what was going through that person's head when he/she packed your bag!:tdown: They should have known better to never fold patent leather ... hopefully everything will work out in the end and you'll have your perfect crimson Sophia soon!