A Guy in need of some help...

Prada Prince

Homme...
O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
Hey guys, am in need of some advice...

Okay, I have plenty of bags that I use when I go out in the daytime, messengers, totes, satchels etc...

But am at a loss of what would be suitable for a straight guy to carry when I go out at night with my friends for dinner, etc... It doesn't seem appropriate to be carrying my big bags.

Anyways, it's really inconvenient for me to not carry anything because when I go out, I bring my wallet, cellphone in its Bottega Veneta pouch and my digital camera in its Gucci case at the very least, and it really ruins the streamline of my pants and coat to be stuffing them into various pockets...

Is there anything I can carry without looking camp or effete? Thanks!

Yeah, I can't possibly imagine myself wearing a hip bag... And the cuff doesn't seem like a practical thing for me, since I need something to put all the stuff in, not just my cash...

Hmm... if I find anything I'll post it on here! All the bags that are ever in Men's sections are massive... I imagine that's not really what your looking for in an evening bag, right?

p10611737_ph_hero.jpg

eLUXURY - Dior - CD Dior Vintage Small Messenger

How about a Dior Homme coated canvas small messenger? It looks really urban and understated...people have to come close to you to see the logos (they're a lot less visible IRL than they look in the Eluxury pic).

Ooh, I like the Dior Homme one... Doesn't look too big, seems perfect for an evening out... Do you think it'd be cheaper in Paris, cos I'll be going there during my Easter break?

Ooh, I like the Dior Homme one... Doesn't look too big, seems perfect for an evening out... Do you think it'd be cheaper in Paris, cos I'll be going there during my Easter break?

Yes I think it'll be cheaper in Paris! Dior charges more for their US/Canadian items because they have to be "imported", so the French prices should be better. I'm not too sure if UK prices are a bit higher than French prices, though.

Jill (one of the moderators) purchased a My Dior bag at the Ave. Montaigne boutique and it was cheaper than the American prices.

I think this designer got her start by designing bags for men. I can't post direct product links since her site is Flash driven.
Thickskin

When the first bags were made, apparently Pierce Brosnan was so impressed he called the designer directly to track down the product.

This one's small enough for evening needs
man-bag-manbag-big.jpg
This one's a day bag
classic-manbagwinner-scout-big.jpg