silvery powder by MB

db89

O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
I have read good things about this product from Mario Badescu and read many things are how people are using this ..

i followed the instructions and so far.. does nothing for me.

can you gals tell me how you are applying it to make it work for you?

I've found the key with this is patience and persistence. You won't see instant results, but I've seen a big reduction in blackheads over 6 weeks. My routine is as follows with MB Silver powder;

Apply thinly, wait for 15 mins. Then fill the basin with hot water and a few drops of tea tree oil. 'Steam' the powder off, rubbing gently with the flannel.

Do this twice or three times weekly and there will eventually be results!

Good luck!

I've found the key with this is patience and persistence. You won't see instant results, but I've seen a big reduction in blackheads over 6 weeks. My routine is as follows with MB Silver powder;

Apply thinly, wait for 15 mins. Then fill the basin with hot water and a few drops of tea tree oil. 'Steam' the powder off, rubbing gently with the flannel.

Do this twice or three times weekly and there will eventually be results!

Good luck!
thanks for your info... my problem was that also .. i was not sure how to wash it off properly .. and another thing which i hope is not damaging... i tend to leave it on my face for close to 30mins !

i will get some tea tree and try it... what does this help with ?

I bought some on Weds and have used it twice. I notice instant results, but I have large pores and oily skin. I rinsed it off with warm water and then swiped some Kimberly Sayer Lavender Toner over my skin and it looked great! I also used a moisturizer afterward. I do not recommend using the Silver Powder for 30 minutes, you may find it to be irritating or drying if left on that long. I accidentally forgot I had it on yesterday and left it on for 10 extra minutes and my face felt so tight and dry afterward! However my calendula cream by Kimberly Sayer worked its magic soothing my dried skin.

So when I use the Silver Powder I wet two large cotton balls, squeeze out the excess water and then get a bit on the powder on. When I wipe it on my skin it makes a very thin layer. I do not pile it on! A little goes a long way in my experience with these types of powder masks. I use pretty warm water to remove the product. After I smooth on the toner I gently massage my face with a hot washrag to remove the excess and then apply moisturizer.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Tea tree oil is a brilliant all-rounder, especially for oily skin. It's anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-septic. A warning though- it doesn't smell good! And if you get 100% essential oil be sure to dilute it with water, as it is too strong to put directly on skin. Or buy a diluted version.