HELP! Need to find diamond studs for $400- $450

May 29, 2010
Please help! My friend is looking for a pair of diamond studs- nothing more than $450. Please recommend a website/store near NYC. She wants a screwback. I found a pair on Blue Nile, but I need some other recommendations.

$450 isn't going to go far at all, but here are some ideas:

.25 carat, princess or round avail.:

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond-studs/preset/

up to .40 ttw, princess cut, already set:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/princess-diamond-earrings-ready-set-to-go-353.htm

.25, round, already set:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/3-prong-martini-diamond-earrings-ready-set-to-go-164.htm

I hate to suggest this, but maybe a chain jewelry store as well w/ her budget? I just looked and Zales and Jared and she could do a 1/2 carat or so. However, the stones may look really bad. She'd have to go in and see what they look like in person and if they would make her happy.

I can recommend a seller on ebay who provided me with studs that i bought for my younger sister. Don't be deceived by his pictures, instead look at the descriptions because his pictures are HORRIBLE. They show color to the diamonds where there is none. Any way he has great ratings and you can return the diamonds if you do not like them. The down side is that the studs are mostly used (not like it matters with diamonds anyway) and you may receive mixed backings like I did. I ordered 14K white gold and got 2 platinum but different sized backings. If this dosen't bother you then check him out.

His user name on ebay is finerdiamond and here is a link

http://stores.ebay.com/Finer-Diamonds?_rdc=1

OF those three I'd go Blue Nile simply because I refuse to patronize or recommend whiteflash beyond JUST their diamonds. AND you know you will have the BN by Sat

My mom got these at a pawn shop for $600
1.30 carat total weight, white gold, secure backs, sparkle like mad. My brother took the photo with his phone and it's not too good, but in real life these babies look great even next to my whiteflash.com ACA earrings, which I wouldn't even want to begin to tell you what I (or rather hubby) paid.
Diamond stud earrings are a staple thing they always have a pawn shops.
What you do, go to one that has a good return policy (mine has 14 day return for any reason) and get the studs appraised in that window of time.
Otherwise the suggestions above are good, except I wouldn't do mall stores where there's a lot of frozen spit selling at high prices.
You can get a nice .25ctw pair in a pawn shop for under $100.

Attachments

• 0315101332262.jpg
    0315101332262.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 381
My mom got these at a pawn shop for $600
1.30 carat total weight, white gold, secure backs, sparkle like mad. My brother took the photo with his phone and it's not too good, but in real life these babies look great even next to my whiteflash.com ACA earrings, which I wouldn't even want to begin to tell you what I (or rather hubby) paid.
Diamond stud earrings are a staple thing they always have a pawn shops.
What you do, go to one that has a good return policy (mine has 14 day return for any reason) and get the studs appraised in that window of time.
Otherwise the suggestions above are good, except I wouldn't do mall stores where there's a lot of frozen spit selling at high prices.
You can get a nice .25ctw pair in a pawn shop for under $100.

I love the idea of a pawn shop, but my friend does not live that close to me. She lives about 2 hours away, and she is buying a pair of earrings to replace a pair that she lost. She wants them by Saturday. She lost an earring while getting her hair done, and she wants to replace the set.

Oh, I see. Good luck.
How terrible to lose an earring.
I love the idea of a pawn shop, but my friend does not live that close to me. She lives about 2 hours away, and she is buying a pair of earrings to replace a pair that she lost. She wants them by Saturday. She lost an earring while getting her hair done, and she wants to replace the set.