Travel What are your airport/airplane pet peeves?!

people filling up all the bins

the fact that it's always freezing in the airport and on the plane

people trying to stampede the line when their zone hasn't even been called

people leaning their seats back all the way at warp speed(maybe b/c i'm really tall and my knees get squished:cry:smile:

Ok I have a new one...I'm at the airport right now and just left the restroom...OMG it was disgusting!!! Why is it that airport restrooms are so gross?!?! Come on ladies...we can flush can't we?? :shrugs: I am terrified of portapotties and airplane bathrooms so I always use the restroom at the airport and have noticed more and more that they are just terrible!!

So true! I was at Melbourne Airport once and the toliets weren't flushing (the water wasn't working, not even the drink fountains)! You can imagine the sorry looks of all the ladies... and the smell :sick:

^I can beat that one. Dh and I flew from Dallas to London on a plane that had no running water. We sat on the plane for 2 hrs while they tried to fix the problem. They eventually decided to just add many, many bottles of water to use for hand washing, etc. For the whole 8+ hr flight. It was so nasty by the time we landed. And to top it off I was 4 months pregnant so not going to the bathroom was not an option!:yucky:

trashed bathrooms on the plane. I mean I get why it happens on long flights, but I am on plane that has been in the air for just over and hour and the bathroom is GROSS.

why do people have to be so careless when they are sharing space??

Ok I have one, except it was kind of me and how I might have become a pet peeve for others. I was flying last night with a HORRIBLE sinus infection/allergies. I felt so bad for the people sitting next to me (of course I was a middle seat too). I was sniffling non stop and blowing my nose despite the massive amounts of meds I had taken. I assured them that I was not contagious but I am sure they were incredibly creeped out. So there is one---sick people flying! It certainly did give me some perspective though and made me feel bad for every time I wince and stare down other people who may be one of my pet peeves :thinking:

People who bring carry-on luggage that they know is way too big to fit in the overhead. They hold everyone up and then they get there bag valet checked - cough up the $25 to check the bag or learn how to pack better.

I'll be flying on the 21st for the first time in over a year and already I'm dreading it. It's become an ordeal. We're using our ff miles for the ticket price but I can't even guess at how many other fees there will be. We already paid extra for aisle seats.

Why are we still putting the little containers in a quart-size bag, for pete's sakes??? I cannot believe it makes us one bit safer.

There is one thing that bugs me enormously. Whenever I travel with SAS to US or Asia they want to take away the blanket 45 min before landing. I always sleep just about the entire flight and I'm always cold so taking away the blanket gives me a rude awakening. "We need to prepare the cabin for landing" What a load of crap. If you can keep your blanket on all the other companies why not on SAS.

Gate lice- all the people whose zones won't be called for at least 10 minutes but insist on getting super closer to the boarding line!

ITA! Love the term gate lice!

Paying extra for an aisle seat, oh brother what will they think of next.

Gotta be careful that a blanket doesn't become airborn & knock someone out during landing. :nono:

Last edited:
ok maybe i haven't flown that much to know this but whenever they've started boarding, i haven't seen which rows are allowed to board, and i haven't heard it announced. is it just common sense that you don't board first unless you're first class? or do they usually put it up on the screen and/or announce it?

there was 1 time, i was in line and when the woman took my ticket, she told me they were only boarding blah blah blah rows (although i honestly did not know). so she turned me away. 1 second later, she hops on the intercom and says now boarding all rows. wtf she just turned me away lol. literally 1 second!!