Ebay sales dead?

emzmuda

Dec 18, 2006
Hello Girls! I am relatively new to TPF and do more reading of posts than "posts". Wanted to find out if anyone else selling on Ebay is experiencing dead sales? I' ve had a Chloe listed that I had to relist, and it's at a very reasonable price!

Seems like all the fake bags seem to be going like hot cakes and the real ones are just sitting!! I can't believe people would not know that it is not possible to buy a new real Chloe that retails for over $1600 for $400...odviously it's a FAKE!!

Sorry, needed to vent!

i'm sorry to hear about your bag. i sold a marc jacobs last night at a steal. it hurt my heart.

otherwise.. it's been pretty good. not many bids but lots selling.

It's January...I think everyone is tapped out from the holidays. Sales will probably pick up a little around Valentine's Day, but definitely when tax refund checks start coming!

January is always a bad month. It's starting to pick back up now. I had to relist everything I had, but now all of them but 1 has bids or has been bought with BIN.

My items have definitely not been selling for record prices either. Even the number of bids has been very low these days. I need to sell more -- I'm saving for a trip to Hawaii in May!

But on the flip side, if you're looking to purchase anything, it's a great time to be a buyer on eBay!

I think the lower priced items are selling okay. I jusy listed 24 Dooney items and 20 of the sold the first time. I relisted the 4 and 2 now have bids.

I PM'd you, Emz. I find that it's a little dead, and the least expensive items go. On the other hand, when bidding, I do find a lot of competition.

And boy the less expensive things get a LOT of watchers and some bidders. Everything starting above $140 got NO bids. I relisted things again.

I have noticed in general lately that eBay is a buyers market, unless you have the "it" bag or shoes or whatever.

Whenever I am considering buying something new from a department store I find myself thinking "resale". Do I really want to pay full retail for these Manolo Blahnik shoes and if I find I only wear them once will I be able to sell them on eBay for a reasonable price or will I be out 75% of the price I paid. Has put shopping in a whole new perspective for me.:yes:

The Chloe market has been slow. Many say due to the sales over the holidays. I did just sell a whiskey edith & a dr bag though. :smile: I still have a Betty and a Molly that haven't sold. The Molly has been listed for quite some time.

EBay market fluctuates alot. Right about now, my guess is people are thinking about Spring Bags though.