Hamptons black leather Carryall Review

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
Hello ladies! I ordered the Hamptons black leather carryall #15404 Sunday and received it today. And well, I feel ridiculous saying this but I want my XL Hamptons black leather Hobo (that I stupidly returned) back!

15404-Silver+Black+%24698.jpg

I totally forgot that the leather on this carryall would be the same smooth leather as the hobo. I got all caught up in the smooshy pictures of Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere and her walnut carryall and forgot about the black leather. The black leather carryall is very structured and therefore huge! It's beautiful, but not what I was hoping for so it's going back.

I hate to mention this but if any of you wonderful ladies see a XL Hamptons Hobo # 15404 at your local store xxxxxxxxx read the rules! I would be forever grateful!!!!! I am sooo sad I returned mine. I really believe even though she was big on me that she was my HG!!! :crybaby:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww...I'm SO sorry that the Carryall didn't work out! What a shame! I think it's a beautiful bag! I'm guessing that you've called the St. Louis stores and they are sold out?! :sad:

Can you post pictures of the carryall? I would love to see real life pictures. And modeling ones!

Hey, Bell. Yeah, I called and they can't find one anywhere. I had them put me on a list so if there are any returns or restocks, they will notify me. I will be glad to post pics of it IRL in the am. I am at work now. It really looks just as structured as in the pic and huge! I mean, if you thought the hobo was huge, this carryall is massive!

I am sooo sad about the hobo. I can't believe I took it back.

xxx seriously, please read our rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That's really surprising. I love the modeling pictures on that blog you mentioned. In those pictures, the bag was smooshy and slouchy. It's a disappointment that it isn't really like that. I guess maybe it's the difference in the leather? Since the other one was walnut.

I'm sorry about the hobo. :sad: Hopefully one will come along. Or you'll find one that you love just as much. I might have already asked you this but have you tried the Madison Shoulder bag? It's a nice hobo shape too.

Sometimes the structured bags become more slouchy over time. It sounds like you really aren't into this bag at all though.

No, I'm not, unfortunately. It reminds me of luggage. I took all the stuffing out and smooshed it a bit and it really didn't budge. The leather on this one is definitely stiffer than the leather on the hobo.

Hey, soooo sorry to hear about your story!!!
And sorry that I was clumsy enough to post a reminder of an xl hobo although in walnut in your other thread (I saw that thread first and I can no longer edit it)

Well, it's not the end yet.... you still have some options left to get her back!
All the best of luck to you! :flowers:

Last edited:
I am sorry too that you are not loving it. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you find your black one again :smile:.

I saw the XL hobo at my boutique yesterday in cypress and ivory, but no black.

Are you in the States or Canada? Only because I would LOVE a Cypress and need to know if I should bug my SA now to look for it from your store .. LOL!

Ok, here are pics. I left the tissue on the hardware since she's going back and I did take out the stuffing for pics. She looks the same stuffed or empty!

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-10-13 at 08.36.jpg
    Photo on 2010-10-13 at 08.36.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Photo on 2010-10-13 at 08.35 #4.jpg
    Photo on 2010-10-13 at 08.35 #4.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Photo on 2010-10-13 at 08.35 #5.jpg
    Photo on 2010-10-13 at 08.35 #5.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 151