Recent SO Birkin in FSH (personalisation)

footlocker

O.G.
Mar 25, 2010
Dear all,

I have the following questions for those who have been allowed to personalise your birkin in FSH:

1. were you allowed only to choose a pre-defined version of the bag (ie. the format of the bi-color or tri-color birkin is defined, you cannot decide where the colors go)?
2. were you allowed only to choose the leather and color from the material/colour list?
3. no box, no chevre, no barenia on the list? in other words, only togo/clemence/swift/tadelakt were available?
4. only four forms of hardware colors were available (gold/brushed gold/silver/brushed silver)?
5. were you allowed to choose piping color or just allowed to choose stitching color?

1. Not applicable - did not ask for it
2. I did not have to choose from a list of material or colour, but the SA was not able to confirm my SO on the spot.
3. Leather other than togo/clemence/swift/tadelakt were available. I'd prefer to keep my order a secret at this point, so I won't name the leather :ninja:
4. RH was available. I did not ask for other HW.
5. Not applicable - did not ask for it.

I did not have answers to all of your questions FL but this is what I understand with my dear friend who was at FSH last week:

1. Can decide where the colours go, my friend went through the swatches with SA and according to the bi-colour / tri-colour colour format use by H boutiques at the moment.

2. Seems to be so, my friend wants violet and cyclamen but both were discontinued / rested and SA didnt say she can order, so she need to pick something else.

3. Same as the answer of licencetocook.

4. Friend did not ask.

5. She did not say. Will ask her again.

Fall 2010 at FSH,

1. were you allowed only to choose a pre-defined version of the bag (ie. the format of the bi-color or tri-color birkin is defined, you cannot decide where the colors go)? No. I was able to choose however I wanted the combination to be.

2. were you allowed only to choose the leather and color from the material/colour list? There are the leather swatches that I can choose from. But some colors available do not seem to be offered as SOs elsewhere in the world.

3. no box, no chevre, no barenia on the list? in other words, only togo/clemence/swift/tadelakt were available? I chose chevres. Didn't ask about box or barenia.

4. only four forms of hardware colors were available (gold/brushed gold/silver/brushed silver)?
I asked for gold and palladium. Didn't enquire about others.

5. were you allowed to choose piping color or just allowed to choose stitching color? I was allowed to choose both.

HTH!

1. were you allowed only to choose a pre-defined version of the bag (ie. the format of the bi-color or tri-color birkin is defined, you cannot decide where the colors go)?
i did the basic bicolor combo. was not told verbally that there was a pre-defined version.

2. were you allowed only to choose the leather and color from the material/colour list?
yes.

3. no box, no chevre, no barenia on the list? in other words, only togo/clemence/swift/tadelakt were available?
chevre was available for certain sizes (up to birkin 30)

ruthenium and guilloche hardware were discussed but ended up on one of the four. so not sure if it was clever manipulation on SA part or ??:P

5. were you allowed to choose piping color or just allowed to choose stitching color?
piping and stitching were both discussed. yes. was offered the option.

Fall 2010 at FSH,

1. were you allowed only to choose a pre-defined version of the bag (ie. the format of the bi-color or tri-color birkin is defined, you cannot decide where the colors go)? No. I was able to choose however I wanted the combination to be.

2. were you allowed only to choose the leather and color from the material/colour list? There are the leather swatches that I can choose from. But some colors available do not seem to be offered as SOs elsewhere in the world.

3. no box, no chevre, no barenia on the list? in other words, only togo/clemence/swift/tadelakt were available? I chose chevres. Didn't ask about box or barenia.

5. were you allowed to choose piping color or just allowed to choose stitching color? I was allowed to choose both.

HTH!

Wow this is interesting information!!! Thanks for sharing TT!!:flowers:

Hi TammyD, thanks for your reply.;)

Fall 2010 at FSH,

1. were you allowed only to choose a pre-defined version of the bag (ie. the format of the bi-color or tri-color birkin is defined, you cannot decide where the colors go)? No. I was able to choose however I wanted the combination to be. This was not my case. I wanted to have a tri-color one. There is only 1 format for tri-color birkin which confines you to have the handle + straps in the same color of the interior. As my preferred interior color is a very pop one (better to stay unnoticed when I am carrying the bag on the street), I cannot choose this format. At the end of the day, I chose a bi-color birkin.

3. no box, no chevre, no barenia on the list? in other words, only togo/clemence/swift/tadelakt were available? I chose chevres. Didn't ask about box or barenia. What is the size of your bag? 30 or below?

HTH!

I was given a blank option that is to say had all options open the only thing I was told they could not do at the moment was a skin insertion zebra or leopard , so I went for a very specific detailed bag .

I did a bi-colour combo when i was in FSH in Sept. My sis did a bi colour too.

Yes we were allowed to choose

My SO was chevre 30 and sister Togo 35. didnt ask for box or barenia but def no ostrich and croc. i begged but was rejected said to try next yr.

Did not ask about the other types of hardware

yes piping and stitching options were there, chose only piping.

it seems to me that personalisation is a sub-set of SO. For a genuine SO, you can ask for whatever you like. For personalisation, it is more defined.

not really it is more that it really depends on you ,your buying history, you are dealing with etc.
some customers are only given options xy, others yx, and others have no restrictions whatsoever or are even invited for something really extraordinary

with H it is just like this no hard and fast rules for all custmers thus experiences from other members on here can not and should not be taken as a strict reference :smile:

Well said lilach. Totally agree. I find that there's no strict "rules" in H. It's really about luck.:P

BTW, FL, my 2 newest SOs which went through FSH just this Sept 2010, no restrictions whatsoever. Again, pure luck. Depends on SA whom u've met and timing I guess. Now the waiting game begins again.....

Good luck with your SOs!

not really it is more that it really depends on you ,your buying history, you are dealing with etc.
some customers are only given options xy, others yx, and others have no restrictions whatsoever or are even invited for something really extraordinary

with H it is just like this no hard and fast rules for all custmers thus experiences from other members on here can not and should not be taken as a strict reference :smile: