Food Anyone from Germany or Austria? I need a recipe for...

This, I think, is a basic recipe. I´m not from a knödel country so I´m not sure if it´s authentic, but I like it.

Serve with meat and gravy.

Ingredients:

3/4-1 kg / 1.6-2.2 lbs potatoes (white or gold, not Russet potatoes)

100-150 g / 3.5-5.2 oz flour (as needed)

salt, pinch of nutmeg (optional)

1-2 eggs

Preparation

Scrub or wash potatoes and boil in salty water in their skins until fork tender. Peel potatoes and press through the potato ricer while still hot. Let cool. Place riced potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle 2/3 of the flour, salt on top, add the whisked eggs and stir loosely with a fork.

Knead the dough quickly with your hands, add the remaining flour if necessary. Dough should be not to lose but not to firm either. Don't knead dough to much because it can harden. Make mandarin size dumplings with your hands. Bring water to a boil (covered) in a large and wide pot. Season with salt. Dumplings need space to float in the pot that is why you need a wide large (not huge) pot. Remove lid, place dumplings inside, the water should not boil to harshly, just gently. Simmer Knödel for approx. 5-10 minutes until they start floating to the top. Remove one with a slotted spoon and cut in half to check if done.

I wonder it that is the recipe. I kinda remember them to be a touch on the chunky side. Like pieces of potato versus a smooth dough. Like not a smooth ball thru a ricer. But maybe they didn't have ricers 30-40 years ago.

Thank you, I will try them all. If anyone has any more to share please do. I want to make lots of them hehe.