False Eyelashes???

SoxFan777

j'adore dior
O.G.
Oct 19, 2007
Hi, all!

I had my first experience with false eyelashes a few weeks ago and I LOVED the way they looked! I bought them for $4 at Sally Beauty supply and I even put them on myself. I was super-proud of my "application skills" and I think they looked fabulous! I got the "strip" lashes in a natural looking style. I have short lashes of my own, so they looked pretty realistic. I put a TINY bit of mascara over them and I also lined my lid beforehand with black liquid liner so that it would "blend" once I put them on.

My questions:

(1) Do you girls who wear them reuse them? I want to start wearing them more often and I've heard that people reuse them but I'm not sure they'd look as good OR be as hygenic.

(2) Those of you who wear them regularly where do you buy them? I'm not sure if you can pick up good quality ones in bulk or something... Like, is there a website that has them?

Any other experiences you've had with false eyelashes or tips for applying them would be helpful! I think I just got lucky applying them the first time because I had no idea what I was doing. But I want to add them to my "weekend" and/or to my "going out" beauty routine. :smile: Thanks, all!

I never reuse them. You can, but I buy them bulk so it never was necessary for me. You can search Google for Ardell lashes bulk or even Ebay has sellers that sell bulk generic lashes. They are 40 pairs for a few dollars and are great.

My favorite eyelashes are by Make up for ever, they're kinda pricey though. I always reuse them and they still look great, that's what I like about them so much. And Make up for ever has an amazing selection of eyelashes!

I wear false lashes all the time, and Im addicted to them. I used to use Ardell, they are very natural and light, but I can only reuse them 1-2 times, and then the lashes start to curl in a weird way to different directions, and just dont look good anymore. Currently I use NYX false lashes, they are more sturdy, so you can use them over and over (I use different styles depending on the occasion, but I havent thrown away any of them yet).
Also, if you plan to reuse the lashes, don't put your mascara on the false lashes, otherwise you would get mascara buildup and ruin your false lashes.

I love the Ardell ones. I buy them in bulk on ebay and they end up being around $2.50 each. If I'm lazy, I usually just take them off and toss them. But I can reuse them a couple of times if I remove them carefully and wipe them off.

I wore my first pair in August for my wedding and they we're Ardell Glamour one's. They actually started coming off right before the ceremony started. So happy I packed the glue with me. I did practice and watched Youtube for tips on applying them. I used e.l.f. lashes to practice. I saw how people reused them by picking off the glue with your fingers then getting cotton swabs with alcohol and wiping them. I did that on Saturday and reused my wedding lashes. It's actually the picture on my avatar. I had no problems applying them and I loved how they made my eyes look. Will be wearing falsies for special occasions from now on. Will have to look on Ebay for those Ardell in bulk.

Also, I like using DUO lash glue. It holds well and can be easily picked off the lashes (like VioletalaMode mentioned) if you want to reuse the lashes.

I rarely leave the house without lashes! I prefer the shu uemura ones - black soft cross for day, and either slant black or luxe black for night (^(oo)^)v

(1) Do you girls who wear them reuse them? I want to start wearing them more often and I've heard that people reuse them but I'm not sure they'd look as good OR be as hygenic.
yup! I usually get about 3 uses out of the soft cross, 5-6 for slant, and up to 10 for luxe. I actually think they tend to look better on the second wear than the first, because the band softens up a little and conforms better to the curvature of your eyelid. The key is to pull off any glue immediately after you remove the lashes, so you have a clean surface to work with the next time.

(2) Those of you who wear them regularly where do you buy them? I'm not sure if you can pick up good quality ones in bulk or something... Like, is there a website that has them?
shu uemura website (^(oo)^)

Any other experiences you've had with false eyelashes or tips for applying them would be helpful! I think I just got lucky applying them the first time because I had no idea what I was doing. But I want to add them to my "weekend" and/or to my "going out" beauty routine. :smile: Thanks, all!
even if you choose not to use the shu uemura lashes, i HIGHLY recommend the shu uemura lash glue. it's vastly superior to all the other brands my friends and i have tried. it actually kept the same pair of lashes on continuously from Friday night through Sunday morning, including removing my other makeup, sleeping and reapplying makeup in the morning! (I was seeing a new guy and we hadn't reached the "you're allowed to see me without my lashes" stage yet . . . :P)

also, I find it helpful to squeeze out a bead of glue onto the cap, then use that to apply it to the lash - you'll have better control that way

If you wear Ardell or Gypsy falsies, you can get them at MadameMadeline.com, they offer great prices and have promotions a lot. I remember I checked it out like 2 weeks ago and they offer $2.49/pair at that time.

If you plan to reuse ur falsies, don't put mascara on them. Eyelashes like the ones from Ardell are made from real human hair. So if you try to clean them with water or even makeup remover, they lose their shape and can no longer be used. Just like when you curl ur hair, the curls would be gone once you wash ur hair.

^Actually, Ardell lashes can be cleaned more often than many I've used. They are very resilient, but you still have to be delicate. You definitely can't wet MAC lashes (which is why I only use them if a client supplies them). Madame Madeline is where I buy mine, too. I love the Red Cherry 747S and Ardell 318s. I actually reuse mine at least 7 times. I spray them with alcohol to remove the glue and mascara after each use and store them in a pill case so that I can rotate and have them all in one place.

I wear them most every time I leave the house in the evening (unless I'm just doing errands).

I only use them once, which is why I do not buy the spendy one's. The cheapies are just fine for me. I actually buy them online 20-30 pair at a time. I have used MAC, and I positively cannot tell the difference.

I generally use Andrea Modlash #53 & #62 and Ardell #124. I get them for about $2.50/pair. These are are very natural looking. Occasionally, I'll go for lashes which are quite a bit more dramatic. My husband calls those "Bambi Lashes", but he never complains. :smile:

I cut then to 3/4 length, and I always wear mascara over my falsies.

i would wear them more if i wasnt a total failure at applying them lol

For anyone having trouble applying these, you may find that applying the glue to your lid (use an angled eyeliner brush) instead of the falsies makes it much easier. After I discovered this technique, I was amazed at how much easier they are to apply.