Really bummed... (charge hold not found?!?!)

Coach Dedicated

Always another bag..
Oct 10, 2009
Okay - first off, I'd like to thank all you wonderful TPFers on your responses and help for everything. You guys are the best!!!!

So I am currently in Santa Fe for a medical rotation (getting my doctorate). Meanwhile, my husband is on the other side of the US visiting his mom in NC. He was driving from SC for this and I asked him to stop at the Coach outlet in Smithfield since it is on his way. I have a raisin wristlet and a midnight maggie that is on CHARGE hold there for a week. THe charge hold is under his name so he will have an easy time picking it up.

Yesterday, he stopped in, as requested by me, and not only were they busy and he had to wait (which is fine) - but then they came out and told him that they didn't have such a hold. WTH!?!?!?!?!! The charge is already on our card!!!!! He had our two dogs with him, so he had to go back to the car (don't worry dog lovers - the air conditioning was running for them) and head back home. MEanwhile, he didn't think of calling me because he was rather upset that they didn't find it.

While I'm on the other side of the US, the drive for him is about 4 hours, so needless to say, he is not going to be going back for a handbag and a wristlet.

What should I do? There is an outlet here in Santa Fe, but I refuse to pay the extra $10 for charge send since it is them that messed up.

Please... any advice.

I'd call and ask to talk to the manager, especially if the charge is already on your card. Tell her the situation and that your husband is four hours away now, and that you want them to ship it for free now because you have no other way of getting it, and you were already in to pick it up and they couldnt find it. let her know how upset you are! they should fix the situation, esp since u already paid

UPdate - I called once they opened and asked to speak to the manager. I was afraid they would tell me "too bad, so sad". But she was really nice and good thing there is a coach outlet here for the imprint. SHe says she will ship it for free. Yay!!!!

Glad to hear that you will get your bag! It is always best to talk to the Manager because they don't want to lose customers or get a nasty gram from Corporate!
Can't wait to see pics!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Yay, I'm glad the issue was resolved. I'd be upset if my husband drove all the way over there and they couldn't find my charge hold, especially if it was already CHARGED on my card. That's unacceptable. They're supposed to hold your stuff for 2 weeks with a charge hold and not lose it in the process, lol.

Well the funny thing is the manager had no problems finding it when I called yesterday and asked. My husband was frustrated because it was crowded and hot.

At least it was a happy ending. :smile: