Are the key chains worth it?

Love$Purses

Apr 13, 2008
How many of you have purchased a key chain for your LV bag? I bought an epi Speedy 30 in Noire with the black/white ball key chain. I felt like it needed something to give it some pop. I almost felt like I was purchasing another bag! It's my 4th LV bag, but first Speedy! Do you see key chains often on bags?

^Same here I've never seen one with a charm IRL. They are pricey and I think it's something LV lovers buy if they're pretty much satisfied with the bags they have and can use the money on these.

The SA said to try it and see if I was happy with the bag alone and return the keychain. Needless to say, it was a somewhat impromptu decision. It may be going back, but I wondered what LV owners think. It's a lot of $$$ for the bling, but it really adds something to the epi speedy.

The SA said to try it and see if I was happy with the bag alone and return the keychain. Needless to say, it was a somewhat impromptu decision. It may be going back, but I wondered what LV owners think. It's a lot of $$$ for the bling, but it really adds something to the epi speedy.

I totally agree; if i were to get something in epi noir, i'd go for some bling to liven it up and it really looks gorgeous. why not consider a bandeau? it's a bit cheaper than the key rings, but also gives the bag a wonderful pop of color :biggrin:

I agree a bandeau or even a cles would give a pop of colour to your epi speedy! The affiche key rings are cute too and are cheaper than the reg. bag charms.

I agree a bandeau or even a cles would give a pop of colour to your epi speedy! The affiche key rings are cute too and are cheaper than the reg. bag charms.

A bandeau is a great idea. I may have to look into those. What is an affiche key ring or cles? There wasn't much of a selection in silver. Quite a few in gold in the store.

It really depends on the bag owner's taste and preference. I personally can't splurge any more on other accessories when all my $$$'s already considered spent on the next BAG purchase. Hahhaha

I have two LV keychains and one hangs almost permanately on my epi ivory speedy. Just like you I thought that bag needed just a little extra something and I love it with this little added touch. Just a little bit of bling. I balked at the price too, but after looking around at other keychains/charms, none compared with the quality and "cute" factor of the LVs. I probably won't buy anymore but I do really enjoy the two I splurged for. (One I bought immediately after winning a jackpot in Las Vegas, lol. Husband's face was like this when I walked to LV right after my win: :wtf: )

I have two LV keychains and one hangs almost permanately on my epi ivory speedy. Just like you I thought that bag needed just a little extra something and I love it with this little added touch. Just a little bit of bling. I balked at the price too, but after looking around at other keychains/charms, none compared with the quality and "cute" factor of the LVs. I probably won't buy anymore but I do really enjoy the two I splurged for. (One I bought immediately after winning a jackpot in Las Vegas, lol. Husband's face was like this when I walked to LV right after my win: :wtf: )

HA HA HA. The epi speedy I've been thinking about for some time. I have always loved the look of the speedies. I've looked at "speedy" shapes in other brands too. The speedy itself wasn't a spur of the moment purchase, but that ball keychain was. Oohh La La...

I thought I had enough LV bagsand was sniffing around at Chloe, Burberry, Marc Jacobs and they also have beautiful bags, but this speedy just kept coming back to mind. So chic. The SA said just to think about it for a few weeks, so I guess I'll try it with and without the adornment. Ha!

They are quite expensive for just a key/bag charm I guess ...but some of them are so darn cute, I have the Tapage charm and LVoe it, it looks great on almost all of my bags!

I actually saw a bag charm out and about IRL for the first time on Friday! It was on a Monogram Alma and I'm not sure of the name of the charm but I believe it may have been one of the new Playtime ones. It looked really nice but I couldn't see myself paying the full price for most of them. There are a couple that I like and would buy if my funds were endless but the ones I like happen to be the much cheaper ones. I think $400 for a plastic keyring is a little ridiculous, though. Even if I could afford that I'm not sure I could bring myself to pay for it, I'd rather buy another SLG I think.

I actually saw a bag charm out and about IRL for the first time on Friday! It was on a Monogram Alma and I'm not sure of the name of the charm but I believe it may have been one of the new Playtime ones. It looked really nice but I couldn't see myself paying the full price for most of them. There are a couple that I like and would buy if my funds were endless but the ones I like happen to be the much cheaper ones. I think $400 for a plastic keyring is a little ridiculous, though. Even if I could afford that I'm not sure I could bring myself to pay for it, I'd rather buy another SLG I think.

I thought the same thing the first time I saw the price. Who could/would possibly pay that much for a keychain???

I hate to ask...but what is an SLG?