Can I just go to the counter and ask for them to do my eyes?

Oct 9, 2008
I have a little event tonight and have yet to master the smokey eye. As I am at work I will only have a short amount of time to get ready afterwards and will not be able to do/redo/do/redo if I mess up.

Can I just go to the MAC counter at my macys and ask for them to do it? Will they do it? Will they charge? Am I expected to buy a certain amount? Should I call and see if I should make an appointment?

I have my own MAC makeup, should I bring it and ask them to do it? use theirs?

I have no idea.

Thanks.

I have a little event tonight and have yet to master the smokey eye. As I am at work I will only have a short amount of time to get ready afterwards and will not be able to do/redo/do/redo if I mess up.

Can I just go to the MAC counter at my macys and ask for them to do it? Will they do it? Will they charge? Am I expected to buy a certain amount? Should I call and see if I should make an appointment?

I have my own MAC makeup, should I bring it and ask them to do it? use theirs?

I have no idea.

Thanks.

some counters require you to buy a minimum - I think it's $50 and make an appointment.

for sanitary reasons you cannot bring in your own make-up.

call in advance and ask of their requirements

MAC do require you to buy stuff, make an appointment etc. HOWEVER- Clinique will often do it for you on the spot and you're not obligated to buy. I did this before my wedding, and ended up up going back to buy a few items- based on their non-pressured approach

It all really depends on the rep that you talk to, going on a slow day greatly increases your chances as well.

They will not use your products due to store policies I believe.

If you want just your eyes done at M.A.C its a $35 minimum purchase required. Must make an appointment 1st. If you want your whole face then it's a $50 Minimum purchase required.