SOS: A hardware question, can this part of Birkin be replaced?

Rudi's Mom

Nov 30, 2008
Hi all, one of the hardwares of my best girl friend's Birkin is unfortunately damaged. She doesn't live near by a Hermes store and is really sad, so I am wondering if anyone here can share the knowledge? Can this hardware (sorry, I don't know how it is called) of Birkin be replaced by hermes?

TIA!:flowers:

Attachments

• nicole-richie-hermes-birkin-purse.jpg
    nicole-richie-hermes-birkin-purse.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Yes, I believe all the hardware on the bag can be replaced. Last time I wanted to replace the lock part on the bag, the store was gonna charge $ 200 USD but since it wasnt too obvious, i decided not to fix it.
I live near by H store so not sure how can your friend fix it.

Yes, I believe all the hardware on the bag can be replaced. Last time I wanted to replace the lock part on the bag, the store was gonna charge $ 200 USD but since it wasnt too obvious, i decided not to fix it.
I live near by H store so not sure how can your friend fix it.

Thank you very much or this information: bebesf2000. At least this is some good news!

I sent mine Fedex overnight to the closest store and they sent it for me to the store where it could be repaired, no problem. I didn't have to go there in person. This is in the USA by the way. Maybe she can send it directly to the store where the repairs are made. I was not experienced, so I depended on the store to do it for me.

i believe it shld be able to replace as i also replaced my kelly lock part recently and they charge me around SGD250 (singapore dollars).