It's here!... and I'm not sure I like it... Help!!!

Bags4Bubbles

Bubbles luvs Bbags
O.G.
Dec 23, 2006
I raced the the window... there was a package laying at the front door. The package I order Saturday and had been anxiously awaiting had arrived!! I ordered the pond shoulder bag & wristlet at the store on Saturday and have been waitting for it arrive ever since.

I opened the box, started to unwrap..... and..... OMG, I don't think I like it. :crybaby: What do I do???? I didn't get this rush of overwhelming happiness, like I usually get... I kind of, gasped. It was larger than I thought it would, stiffer than I thought it would be... not the color I was expecting, but... I guess the color is pretty close...

I am sooooo sad right now!!! What do I do??? I will post pics in a bit... I just have to think this through... Maybe I was over-anticipating this purchase and I need to not over think it. Also, another big thing here... I haven't unwrapped it totally - just taken out of the plastic.... So, that could be part of it....

Help!!! :sad: I need opinions!!! Does the leather give at all once you use it?? Do you have trouble getting it on and off your shoulder????

*pics*

Pond owners... is yours a gray blue color?? And honestly, what do you think about it on my shoulder?? I feel like I can't put my arm down... but I am going to try it later and take the stuffing out....

Does it look wierd on my shoulder?? 2nd & 3rd picture?? I read the thread about short people with shoulder bags, and I do have to admit that the bag is bigger than I thought it would be.... I'm 5'4" ish. (And I have really wide shoulders.)

TIA for your opinions!!! I don't have anyone IRL that I can get an opinion from!!!:Push:

Attachments

• coach_pondshoulder&wrist.jpg
    coach_pondshoulder&wrist.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 329
  • coachpond_fromside.jpg
    coachpond_fromside.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 266
  • coachpond_underarm.jpg
    coachpond_underarm.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 269
I've got my eye on the bag right now, and everyhting you said made me want it more! I do understand the not being able to put your arm down part, but have you tried pushing it back a bit more? What was the signature fabric on the pockets? I haven't seen that before. Good luck!
Megster

Yes you need to unstuff it a bit. I think it looks like a lovey bag! And me personally, I LOVE the color. How perfect is that for spring?? Give yoursef a little time and think it over for a day. I bet it's going to grow on ya!

Awwww! I'm so sorry for your reaction! I love mine! I love the blue but that's the kind of blue I would typically like. I'm not a bright blue or navy blue kind of gal. I like turquoisey blues or greenish blues best so I think that's why I'm drawn to this color.

I'm 5'6" and find this bag the perfect size for me. It does tuck right under my arm which I like, it doesn't hang down. But I feel more secure that way and it makes it easier to hang it in the crook of my arm too. Here's a pic of mine. The color is pretty correct in the picture.

I'd play with it a bit to be sure that you don't like it even if it wasn't what you expected. Maybe even put it away for a bit then go back to it later to take a fresh look. Otherwise, return it. It's too much money to waste on a bag you don't love and there are so many other choices!

ETA: If your bag is the same color as your pic that you posted, then yes, it is a lovely color! It is more grey-blue than mine is. Mine is more green-blue, a turquoisey color. How cool is that, that there are variations in the pond color?

Attachments

• pond legacy shoulder bag.jpg
    pond legacy shoulder bag.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 190
Can I also add that the bag seems to be stiff because it is a sort of structured bag and the strap plus hardware give it that feel. Play with it a bit in your hands and you'll see what I mean. The leather itself is soft and supple. I know it can feel stiff if you simply pick it up and plunk it on your shoulder but once you realize that it's simply the weightiness (is that a word??) of the hardware maybe you'll like it more too?

Can you tell I feel bad for you?? :sad:

I love it! What a beautiful color! That will go with pretty much any outfit. Especially jeans. You have to love it though in order to keep it and justify spending the $ for it. I just got my Whiskey shoulder bag the other day and I love it. It didn't sit on my shoulder how I expected it to, but now I'm used to it.

Help!!! :sad: I need opinions!!! Does the leather give at all once you use it?? Do you have trouble getting it on and off your shoulder????

Bags4Bubbles - Over time as you use your bag, the leather does get softer and it does give a bit. I don't have trouble getting it on and off my shoulder. From the pictures your bag looks GORGEOUS and I'm dying to get a shoulder bag in pond. The color is just beautiful.

But I agree with the others, if you don't like it, definitely return it and get something you would be happier with. Just wait a few days and see how you feel about it. I have a feeling it will grow on you. ;)