Outdoor cocktail chic? help!

Oct 9, 2008
This friday I am going to a "Party on the Pier" with an "outdoor cocktail chic" dress code. It is from 7pm - 11pm on the river, and the temperature will likely be in the lower 60s (its outside). The general example for men was given as the picture shown below. What is the girlie complement to that outfit? OBVIOUSLY, its something that I need to whip together in two days.

Thanks!

Attachments

• jackets-tweed-sport-coat.jpg
    jackets-tweed-sport-coat.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,140
^^^omg. lastpurse - I just sent that picture to my dbf for his opinion before I even saw that you posted it. love it. i think I could wear some jewelry and snazz it up a bit...Im going to call our local jcrews and see if they have it.

^^^omg. lastpurse - I just sent that picture to my dbf for his opinion before I even saw that you posted it. love it. i think I could wear some jewelry and snazz it up a bit...Im going to call our local jcrews and see if they have it.

Great minds think alike. lol :biggrin: Yeah, I definitely agree it needs some jewelry. Have fun!

Id go more cocktail (dressy) - it be easier because I have a bunch of those.With guys wearing sweaters and tweed blazers and khaki pants, I dont know if it would be appropriate to be satiny and sequiny. im trying to reach someone at jcrew for the dress.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! keep em coming!

Id go more cocktail (dressy) - it be easier because I have a bunch of those.With guys wearing sweaters and tweed blazers and khaki pants, I dont know if it would be appropriate to be satiny and sequiny. im trying to reach someone at jcrew for the dress.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! keep em coming!

I don't think it is inappropriate to wear something satiny or sequiny. Just dress it down a la J Crew styling with a plain cardian and thick tights.

leather or suede leggings with sequiny top and lots of necklaces combined. shoes must be sexy and high to elongate the legs. a little cashmere shrug would finish the look.