Trying to decide on my first Chanel bag...need expert advice!

ulikeymahpurze?

Purse Addiction
Jun 24, 2010
Hi guys!

I'm usually on the LV forum, but Chanel has been growing on me lately and would like to find out which type of bag would suit my needs.

I want it to go with casual clothes (everyday clothes) and as well as semi casual for dinner/movie dates. I prefer lighter and low maintenance bags. I usually carry an 8 ounce water bottle, a medium LV agenda, a toiletry pouch, iPhone, 4-key holder, and coin pouch.

The 2 bags I was looking at were: Black GST and Black Jumbo Flap in Caviar. Would either of these bags be a good choice? I heard the GST is a heavy bag and one strap may fall off the shoulder. I also heard that the jumbos are going to be double flap soon...would this be too uncomfortable to get in/out of?

This will be my first Chanel. Any other ideas are welcome.

Thanks guys!

I'd consider the PTT (petit timeless tote), seeing that you bring a bottle of water and agenda, those items take up a little bit of space.. the bottle def wont fit in a flap.. it'd be too heavy! The GST is heavy! consider your frame/size and weight after all your items have been in the bag.

I'd consider the PTT (petit timeless tote), seeing that you bring a bottle of water and agenda, those items take up a little bit of space.. the bottle def wont fit in a flap.. it'd be too heavy! The GST is heavy! consider your frame/size and weight after all your items have been in the bag.

Ty for that suggestion. I'm 5'4" 115 lbs and into medium-large size bags, but not XL.

I have a GST and if you sort of cris cross the straps they really dont fall down :smile: Jumbo is always a the perfect size bag but with the new double flap thing coming soon, who knows if it might be uncomfortable :shrugs: Go to the store and actually try on the bags, get a feel for them before you blow a few grand! :smile:

I have a GST and if you sort of cris cross the straps they really dont fall down :smile: Jumbo is always a the perfect size bag but with the new double flap thing coming soon, who knows if it might be uncomfortable :shrugs: Go to the store and actually try on the bags, get a feel for them before you blow a few grand! :smile:

I prefer Black Jumbo Flap in Caviar over GST. Both are good for casual but for dinner/movie date, I think flap is better. Jumbo can definitely hold the items you listed.
You can check how much it can fit at:
What's in your CHANEL bag today? Include pics!

HTH!

Jumbo Flap!

Thanks!

Are you dead set on Jumbo or a GST? How about a Cruise or seasonal bag? They usually make some bigger bags that can hold what you described. I know a Jumbo definitely cannot hold a water bottle & cosmetic case at the same time because I can never get it all to fit in my Jumbos. And I don't even carry my agenda PM when I use my Jumbo. Then again, it all depends on how big your cosmetic case is.

Good luck hunting!;)

Are you dead set on Jumbo or a GST? How about a Cruise or seasonal bag? They usually make some bigger bags that can hold what you described. I know a Jumbo definitely cannot hold a water bottle & cosmetic case at the same time because I can never get it all to fit in my Jumbos. And I don't even carry my agenda PM when I use my Jumbo. Then again, it all depends on how big your cosmetic case is.

Good luck hunting!;)

My cosmetic case is the LV Toiletry 19 the smallest one of the 3 they have. And no, I'm not dead set between these two...all other ideas are welcome. I will check out their seasonal/cruise bags TY.