NEW Bulgari Save The Children ring

eminere™

Au Masculin
Jan 9, 2008
Anyone thinking of getting Bulgari's new Save The Children ring? :smile:

m30430116abvlnmreleases.jpg

Bulgari's official news release:

Bulgari continues to support quality education for the world’s neediest children

July 2010

BVLGARI will soon introduce a specially-designed silver and ceramic ring in support of BVLGARI’s 2010-2011 pledged commitment of $7.4 million (6 million Euros) to support quality education for the world’s neediest children.

The new ring emulates the unique design of the B.zero1 jewelry line, and is the second one-of-a-kind design created to benefit Save the Children, following the successes of the Rewrite the Future Campaign in 2009 which already raised more than $9 million (more than 6 million Euros).

BVLGARI’s 2010-2011 commitment will help support key education programs through Save the Children such as teacher training and the Healing and Education through Art (HEART) programs in Haiti, the U.S. and other countries.

The ring will be sold from the Fall of 2010 through 2011 in BVLGARI stores worldwide, select department stores, and on BVLGARI’s e-commerce website (active in the USA and Japan) for $370 (€350) each, of which $75 (€60) will be donated to Save the Children.

I think it's great they've decided to adapt the popular B.zero1 ring design into one with a very accessible price point, plus some money goes to a charitable cause as well. :smile:

This is really pretty; I like it a lot better than the first band they did. Nice to know this campaign seems to be raising so much money for such a good cause.

Emi beat me to posting about this =P I really want this ring, and am thinking of getting it. I was planning on purchasing a pink gold B.Zero1 ring a while ago, but the price of this is even better; especially since its the same style =)

Emi beat me to posting about this =P I really want this ring, and am thinking of getting it. I was planning on purchasing a pink gold B.Zero1 ring a while ago, but the price of this is even better; especially since its the same style =)
I see this as a small stepping stone towards getting my dream B.zero1 ring - the 18kt white gold with pavé diamonds:

m1506624an850556001494.jpg

:P

Hehe, my dream B.Zero1 would be a stack including a plain pink gold, a white gold w/ pave diamonds and a plain yellow gold band. Or if I had the money, I would totally get this:

Attachments

• htd.jpg
    htd.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 3,761
Maybe I am a jerk or a crazy person for thinking this, but I feel like if there's a contingent for a piece of jewelry/clothing/whatever, that says the proceeds go somewhere, I don't tend to prefer buying it if less than 50% of the selling price doesn't go to the charity.

Someone has to make a profit, no? Even so, a little goes a very LONG way; especially for third world countries. It depends on the dollar value of a nation. It is rare for the proceeds of charity items to be 50% and above though.

Don't get me wrong, I do get where you're coming from, however. Most companies only do these charity purposes just so they can have a better 'image' in consumers' eyes. I learned this in business politics. But in this case, I get a ring that is much more cheaper than a gold version, plus I'm helping out in some way, makes me feel good inside anyhow. =)

Maybe I am a jerk or a crazy person for thinking this, but I feel like if there's a contingent for a piece of jewelry/clothing/whatever, that says the proceeds go somewhere, I don't tend to prefer buying it if less than 50% of the selling price doesn't go to the charity.