New Madison Gathered Sophia (Photos)

joyoflife

O.G.
Nov 1, 2009
So, she arrived yesterday, and today I have finally gotten the photo posting back in gear. This is the small size and I am very pleased with it (I was concerned that it would be too small but it is actually just right).

Fresh out of the box:

photo%201_3.JPG

This is how I'll be linking the shoulder strap to the bag (it offers more length and the bag hangs much nicer this way):

photo%203_5_2.JPG

However, I'll drape the strap around the bag when carrying it by hand:

photo%201_4_2.JPG

photo%202_4_2.JPG

Modeling photos ahead!

photo%204_6.JPG

And then here, I think that the shoulder strap looks pretty decent just sort of draped around the bag - doesn't look too clunky when not in use.

photo%203_5.JPG

photo%204_5.JPG

photo%205_3.JPG

All in all, I'm very happy with this bag. It's not gargantuan yet it's roomy enough for my things, and I think it looks proportionate against my figure (5' 7" 135lbs). I also feel like the leather and the hardware are of very good quality, which is essential when it comes to black bags, and all elements are very complimentary to one another. I think I'll be using this a lot, and I think that it will break in nicely with time (the body of the bag feels like it will soften with use).

Last edited:
Very pretty and she looks great on you. I think the size looks perfect....very proportional.

Thanks! I'm really happy with the size myself. It is definitely much smaller than the large version - so much so that when I compared the two in the shop, I was worried that this one would be too small (I think some of that is based on the fact that we're so used to big bags these days). However, I think it's perfect for what I was looking for: something pretty, functional, and subtle rather than the bag that wears you.

this is the bag i have my eye on! i love love love that bag and it looks classic and perfect on you. i am so thankful to see your pic of the regular sized because i was thinking i needed the large, but i believe this will be the perfect size.

Last edited:
wow that bag looks really good on you. are those little birdies on your feet (tattoos)? hehe, sorry, I love birds and always get distracted by things like this.

this is the bag i have my eye one! i love love love that bag and it looks classic and perfect on you. i am so thankful to see your pic of the regular sized because i was thinking i needed the large, but i believe this will be the perfect size.

Oh, good! That's exactly why I posted so many photos of this! It seems like all the images I've come across have been depicting the large version so I was really holding my breath for this one. But, yes, it is a great fit. It's just a really classic handbag size - not too huge, but not diminutive, either. I carried her out to dinner last night and whenever I caught (sought, actually) glimpses in a reflective surface, I felt very satisfied.

Ps. Thank you for the compliments!

wow that bag looks really good on you. are those little birdies on your feet (tattoos)? hehe, sorry, I love birds and always get distracted by things like this.

Ha ha, yes, those are birds on my feet - and I actually have three more bird tattoos on my arms. :P It's funny, too, because I'm not necessarily into birds, but they are always what I want when I get a tattoo (except for a tiger, which is also on my arm).