Buyer requirements

pugs2

Sep 23, 2010
I just listed a pair of designer jeans on ebay and I used the buyer requirements and blocked anyone that has more than 2 nonpayment strikes in a year. I just received an email from an ebayer asking if I can take down my nonpayment requirements, so she can bid. She did admit that she has two nonpayment strikes, but would like to bid on my jeans. I looked at her feedback and she does have good feedback, but I'm a little leary. I don't know how to change the requirements just for her. Would you do this?

I just listed a pair of designer jeans on ebay and I used the buyer requirements and blocked anyone that has more than 2 nonpayment strikes in a year. I just received an email from an ebayer asking if I can take down my nonpayment requirements, so she can bid. She did admit that she has two nonpayment strikes, but would like to bid on my jeans. I looked at her feedback and she does have good feedback, but I'm a little leary. I don't know how to change the requirements just for her. Would you do this?

Copy and paste her userid into the eBay advanced Search/items by bidder and click the include closed auctions and as high bidder only. That will give you an idea of how many things she's juggling at one time. If they are only bidding on 1 or 2 things, it might be worth considering.

But before you do that, look at the feedback left for others. If their feedback left for others is littered with "very understanding seller", I'd be running a mile. There is absolutely no need to be labeled "an understanding seller" when a buyer pays quickly, without making weird demands for writing your $100 item down to $10 and marking it as a gift. What you want to see is lots of very simple "fast payment - nice buyer" feedback matched with "great item thank you".

Up to you of course.:smile:

Last edited:
Did she say why she has two strikes?

And do some research like shinymagpie suggested, to see if it all makes sense to what she replies with.

In the end, it's all up to you. If you feel uncomfortable then no need to bother with this potential buyer/headache.

Come on, you can very well ask her the reasons of her 2 strikes, or look up her fb on toolhaus (?). She might very well have bid on 2 fake items and decided to get the strikes instead of losing money, who knows? I would do my best to make the sales.

But in the end, it's up to you.