Chanel Jacket - help me style/alter

maramia

Jan 26, 2010
Gifted to me by my mum last winter and I have yet to wear it. I am 22, 5"6, 110 and wear lots of trousers and jeans. Zipped up it looks so matronly, but unzipped it looks strange too. What about shortening the hem?

Gifted to me by my mum last winter and I have yet to wear it. I am 22, 5"6, 110 and wear lots of trousers and jeans. Zipped up it looks so matronly, but unzipped it looks strange too. What about shortening the hem?

Here is the picture - thanks for your help!

Attachments

• bcec_12.jpg
    bcec_12.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 162
I personally don't like to wear sleeveless stuff under pricey RTW but since it's black, should be okay. Just take care of them.

It's definitely not jacket season often where I'm at; but I whip her out on "overcast" days.

I usually wear a simple short sleeve top under my jacket so there would be no underarm marks on the jacket's lining. If it's cashmere where I can handwash, then I wear a tank top. An open jacket is more casual, while a buttoned up jacket makes it more formal. I prefer to wear my jackets with jeans and a simple top and accent it with a long pearl strand.

The first jacket looks better buttoned up in my opinion. For the second jacket, you can go either way.